This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Inam Junichi Petrache Mahmood - 05/01/2018 00:30 - United Kingdom - Romford

Today, I took it upon myself to treat my wife to the sights of London. Big Ben was being renovated, London Eye had no tickets left, and it rained all day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 856
You deserved it 685

Top comments

Hellblazer_Sith 25

If you travelled far FYL however if you haven’t and from the UK you should know Big Ben is undergoing work and you need to prebook London Eye tickets. Plus it’s the UK, 90% of the time it rains.

Google is literally at your finger tips. you could have saved yourself so much time and planned something else

Comments

YDI 100%. If you travelled far, you should've checked. If you're from England and had no idea of the wildly publicized renovations, the fact that London Eye is usually sold out in advance, or that it RAINS, you need to get out more....

Patsy Boren 19

gee I think you'll find something to do in London.

Because the London Eye and Big Ben are literally the only sights in London. Never mind that you’re in spitting distance of the aquarium and Westminster Abbey.

I thought the bad weather _was_ one of the sights to see in London! (In the U.S. it's Seattle where we go to look at drizzle). : )

Umm...there are so many more things in london to do sight seeing wise!!! Not just big ben...and theres no point in doin the london eye if it is raining!!!

Ha! I went to Amsterdam the one summer the Rijksmuseum was being renovated, and the museum was reduced to maybe half a floor of "The Rijksmuseum's Greatest Hits," including "The Night Watch" by Rembrandt. Fortunately Amsterdam had plenty of other sights to enjoy, like the Van Gogh Museum.

So much for having a jolly time in jolly old England...

ncparry 18

Welcome to England! Also Big Ben is the name of the bells inside the clock, not the clock itself.

There’s plenty of other indoor stuff you could’ve done instead!