By KathleenSchuler - 05/03/2013 03:38 - United States

Today, I took a week off work because my father passed away. I was at the funeral home making arrangements when I overheard the owners complaining about how their insurance agent had left them to fend for themselves. I'm their insurance agent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 169
You deserved it 3 593

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Speak up. I would have told them, "I'm terribly sorry that I had to take time off for my FATHER'S FUNERAL. I hope you will be able to COPE somehow!."

Forget them, you do what you need to do

Comments

some people really need to sort out their priorities. i'm assuming they knew you're their insurance agent OP? either way, sorry for your loss

So sorry about your dad, OP. Let them know you heard and will handle matters when you're back to work; if it's urgent, try to get another agent to cover. The funeral directors should be suitably abashed and impressed.

I am very sorry about your father, OP. I hope you feel better soon. Don't let anyone get to you, you need to take time for yourself and your family.

They will be soooo embarrassed when they realize _why_ their insurance agent wasn't available.... But just to make sure, very pointedly thank them for being available when you need them most.

Sorry for your loss. The odd thing is agents are really just the sales and collection people, claims are generally handled by adjusters. If they knew your situation, I am sure they would have been respectful.

I think they were clomplaining thinking they wouldn't be heard, but if have gone up to them and pointed out I'm sorry for "leaving you to fend for yourselves", but my Fathet has just died! The Funeral Home needs to be more compassionate and man the **** up!

Just a thought, couldn't you make a call to the company you write for and have them dropped? My neighbor had his homeowners insurance dropped for having a 'vicious' dog because his 8 year old lab howls whenever someone walks up to the door.

Really??.... You should have confronted them and been like "hey guys... Weird seeing you here. My dad just died btw.... Sure hope you don't think I'm taking time for myself because that would be pretty selfish on your part." then walk away. Like a boss.