By thanks4support - 14/05/2014 13:12 - United States - Grove City

Today, I took a pregnancy test because I'd missed a few periods, gained weight, and been moody. Turns out I'm just fat and moody. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 601
You deserved it 11 668

thanks4support tells us more.

OP here, first off I am not overweight, just gained about ten pounds shortly out of nowhere. Thank you to all of those who did have health concerns I am looking into all that.

Top comments

rhcpgurl 18

I'd still go to the doctors too see whats going on unless you want to be on an "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" episode

She thought she was taking sperm pills but it turned out they were just tic-tacs.

Comments

Hey OP, I have PCOS and those are some very common symptoms of it. I suggest talking to your doctor and ask him about polycystic ovarian sydrome. It gives you irregular/non existent periods, weight gain, and mood swings.

rocker_chick23 27

I have it too. It's sad how many of the men commenting on here are blaming her for something she has no control over.

Just curious if any of you developed it after having the mirena iud?? my doctor said the mirena probably jump-started my pcos /-:

rocker_chick23 27

I never had the IUD, sorry.

if taking a test late in pregnancy you don't have the hormones anymore which are used to test. the body doesn't produce them anymore after the 20. week. possible you are pregnant after all. go and make a gyn appointment!

At least your coworkers didn't throw a surprise baby shower.

See a Doc. Exercise. Way less sugar in your diet

LarissaT18 18

Could be a false negative...

They can be false negatives. I personally know two different gals who both had negative test, and a few months later, surprise-baby.

Could be medical- polycystic ovarian syndrome, thyroid, etc. Go get checked

OP here, first off I am not overweight, just gained about ten pounds shortly out of nowhere. Thank you to all of those who did have health concerns I am looking into all that.

rocker_chick23 27

I am glad you're going to get it looked at.

I only gained about 10 too. I really thought I was pregnant even with the negative test, it was actually a huge let down for me. I got excited at the thought of having a baby. I hope everything checks out okay at the doctor!

Pareidolia101 15

Okay...if you're just fat and moody, and not pregnant, how did you mess those periods? My knowledge about this stuff is pretty low, but I do like learning new things

Yeah, don't take stuff like that lightly. It could be something serious - even more serious than pregnancy.

rocker_chick23 27

90: Hormonal problems cause that in women

rocker_chick23 27

#100: the panties part of your comment made me giggle. Thank you for that.

#90: Because all women are different, with different hormone rates, and sometimes a missed period can mean nothing at all. We're not all clockwork every month. I miss one every now and again, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

If you're not overweight, why did you say you were fat?

rocker_chick23 27

Because when you gain that much weight in a short amount of time, you feel fat.

I'd try another one OP. My friend took one and it came out negative but it turned out she accidentally peed on the results screen as well as the peeing strip. It turned out she was pregnant.

You shouldn't say you are fat , if you aren't overweight.

Yeah, but she said she's not even overweight. Why would she feel fat if she's aware that she isn't?

Fat and overweight aren't the same thing. Someone can have fat on their body or be what some consider fat but still be at a healthy weight for their height, age etc. Some people feel fat because they're the bigger friend or because they gain a certain amount of weight in a short time like OP. They also may feel fat or think they're fat because of things people say or because they aren't "skinny". It doesn't mean they are overweight just have a bit more meat on them. Someone who is considered fat could be incredibly healthy, whereas someone overweight would almost definitely have health issues. Fat and overweight are two different things!

Why is #90 down voted to hell? Just because he didn't know doesn't mean he's evil.

You should go see a urologist. It might be PCOS because your symptoms sound like a dead ringer.

coopchick 8

I have PCOS. The meds made me gain about 30 lbs. If you don't eat when you take them they make you nauseated

I've actually lost about 30lbs. my dr put me on a medication to prevent the bloating.

coopchick 8

They put me on 3 different meds and I gained weight haha. so I stopped taking one and changed my diet

Coeliacchic93 21

I've got PCOS and possibly endometriosis and I find it quite difficult to lose weight or gain. I have a coil that controls my hormones wonderfully and it stops any new cysts from growing :-) something for those with PCOS to look into