By heck - 12/08/2016 13:57

Today, I took a drug test. Not only did I fail the drug test, but I mostly missed the sample cup and got urine all over my pants. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 151
You deserved it 18 507

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The idea of a drug test is to ensure you don't have any drugs in your system, not to see how many drugs you can cram into your system at once. YDI.

theblondeone 16

Why would you take a drug test if you know you're going to fail?

Comments

I almost failed mine last week because I went to visit my mom and she smokes weed

You can't "almost fail". You either do or don't. So really, you didn't fail because being close to someone doesn't mean you "catch their drugs". Even if she was smoking around you, a cheap drug test is unlikely to pick up the second hand smoke from one visit.

My friend who lived with her mother and mother's boyfriend failed a drug test because they both smoke weed around her. You can also fail if you eat something with popyseeds

You have to eat poppy seeds regularly. And they flush out of your system easly. So a second drug test with that as an excuse probably won't fly.

you're allowed 50 nanograms in your system. i had 40. i was sitting by my mom and got a bit of second hand smoke. also there is nothing cheap about the drug tests that are taken when working in the oil patch

Urine trouble. I'm sorry for that awful pun.

I hope you have some weed left to get mellow after such a stressful day! You wouldn't be in trouble if the people before you had fought harder to LEGALIZE IT!

How do you know it was weed that he got busted for? There's lots of other drugs, it could have been crack or meth for all you know. I'm all for legalizing pot, but no matter how much people push for it, that only goes so far. It's up to the government and authorities to actually put it through the process and change the laws, which sometimes they just refuse to do. Plus, in places where it has been illegal for a very long time, legalizing it will take a while, especially since it is still a drug, so like cigarettes, it's going to need regulations.

Even if it was legalized businesses can still reject your offer of employment if it's in your system.

#26, in the United States, the citizens change state law by putting the issue on the ballot by gathering signatures, and then voting for it.

Um, that's not exactly the way it works #51. There's a lot more steps and process to it and in the end, it can still be vetoed or denied. It starts as a bill which can be suggested by basically anyone, include groups of individuals, that is true. However, only legislators can move it through the law-making process, if you don't have this, it won't work. Then it is brought before the state's House of Representatives and Senate. The law needs to be sponsored by a legislator, who brings it before the Legislature. It then goes through the first reading. Then the bill is referred to a House committee where it is discussed and either approved or disapproved. Finally, in the final stage, it is sent to the state governor to be signed into law, vetoed, or allowed to automatically become a law if not signed.

#55, that's absolutely not how it works for all states. Look up a ballot initiative and read about how it works in the states that allow it. I was overzealous in asserting that it works that way in all states. It doesn't. But the legislature has absolutely nothing to do with, and no veto power over, a citizen ballot initiative in states like Ohio.

wat drugs u be doing that u forget how to aim? wtf

What drugs did you use to forget how to use proper grammar?

ollygollymolly 6

If it was a random test then I still can't give you a "your life sucks". If your job has random tests then you shouldn't be doing drugs, that's your fault. It sucks that you peed on yourself...maybe work on that?

The saying is "Aim high" not "Be high"

species4872 19

Look at that, drugged and stupid!