By antiqued - 20/12/2012 05:55 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I took a bath because I couldn't get my left arm wet due to a minor medical procedure. My roommates decided to barge in to the bathroom and ruthlessly pelt me with flour. Not only did I find out flour burns the eyes, but the shock caused me to slip and submerge my arm. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 080
You deserved it 3 093

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DisappearingRose 18

Your roommates sound like assholes.

Comments

barefootchic 6

I'm curious as to how 50 people could possibly think OP deserved it?

iseyixes 18

1. Mistakenly voted. 2. FML badges. 3. Maybe because they feel he should've lockedthe door. 4. People are assholes.

People don't just spontaneously decide to barge into a bathroom to do a prank. Unless the OP has very recently moved in with the rest of them, he/she should be aware if any idiot prankster spirit was among them, and warn them accordingly about the seriousness of the situation. For me, it's a YDI either if he/she didn't tell anyone about the arm or even if he/she did, they decided to do that anyway.

I voted YDI, mostly because (a) you should have informed them about that, (b) If you did, and they decided to do that anyway, YDI for chosing to live with such mindless idiots.

Chill bro. I don't think anyone's taking it that seriously. It's an FML.

Wow if that's their idea of fun then I'm scared to think of their ideas for revenge!

YDI for bathing when you can't get your arm wet. Seriously, who does that?

Megan98 18

If they can't get their arm wet for a few days, then I can imagine why they did that.

bahamut357 16

Uh, lots of people. What do you expect people who have casts on their arms or legs to do? Wait several months to get clean once the cast is off? It's the same thing in OPs case. Though OP should have covered it in plastic just to be on the safe side.

"minor medical procedure". If it were in a cast, the OP would probably have been more specific.

Are you seriously trying to say that it's OP's fault for trying to practice hygiene while his or her arm is healing? If you think OP should wait to shower or bathe until their arm is better, that's pretty gross. You can bathe without getting your arm wet, you know.

I've had to have an IV stay in my arm for several days, and you get pretty sweaty and gross when you're in the hospital on a lot of meds. Wrapping your arm in a plastic bag and taping it shut is the safest way to do that, but if if was on the arm that the OP could rest on the side of the bathtub, that should have been safe enough, too. Even right now I have to be careful while showering because I have an incision along my abdomen where I just had surgery - supposed to avoid getting it wet until it heals AND keep soap out of it. What would you expect me to do? Not bathe for six weeks? No, I stick a good gauze bandage on it, sit on a shower chair, and bathe that way so I'm not getting the area soaking wet but still getting clean. Boyfriend usually helps if I need to wash my hair and to make sure I get in/out of the tub okay, because I did just have an operation. Maybe OP had stitches or something on his hand, the dissolving type especially should be kept out of water.

bahamut357 16

83- I was making a comparison between OPs situation and another situation where you can't get a body part wet >.>

Did you punch him in the face???? That's what I'd do.

winkydog4056 16

OP, there is a product called Seal Tight to cover arms or legs for casts, surgical sights etc. Btw: that was royally screwed up of your roomies to do that. Signed, Winky RN

So they saw you naked? Sounds like something my housemates would do... though it does sound like a bit far on their part - I would be pretty angry..