By Anonymous - 17/11/2013 01:03 - United States

Today, I told my roommates they have to go get jobs, because I can't afford to support them or their bad habits any more. They responded by pawning all my DVDs for cash to buy cigarettes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 687
You deserved it 7 113

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You better find some new roommates. FYL

Then stop enabling them and make them pay their own rent. They will be evicted soon enough.

Comments

I would suggest that you talk too a therapist, try too improve your confidence. Until you do people are going to keep taking advantage of you. Remember, you have value as a person, you don't need too buy your friends.

JMichael 25

I'd think about moving out and finding new roommates. Like a friend you can trust.

justmeCee 16

Your roommates are assholes. I had roommates that did the same thing actually. One of them quit her job 2 weeks after i moved in. They also stole my cheque book and set up pre- authorized payments to the phone/ internet/ satellite without my permission but obviously I found out. The original agreement was that we split the bill 5 ways.My name wasn't on the lease tho so I moved, and don't even associate with them anymore. You should not tolerate living with thieves. They will only start stealing bigger things than dvds. If you don't get out now or kick them out, they will only continue to steal. People like that have no boundaries. FYL.

luckyone365 7

You deserve this completely for rooming with people without jobs in the first place. You give people an inch and they take a freaking mile. You should have known they were going to take advantage of you.

They aren't your kid - no need to support them! Just let them get evicted before they do anything worse :-)

Sathane 21

I hope you called the police. Then the landlord to have them evicted.

What will they take next? Keep everything you have locked up...

As much as YLS for crappy roommates, YDI for supporting them in the first place. Still, I feel for you.