By ... - 07/02/2014 20:30 - United States - Glen Carbon

Today, I told my professor that I'll be missing class next week due to upcoming surgery. I asked if I could take the exam that I'd otherwise miss another day. He said no, and that I'd just have to take a failing grade, then wished me luck with the surgery. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 782
You deserved it 4 067

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Zach2014 11

I would talk to the school president and tell him what is happening. Also bing in a note from the dr.

Please, for the love of all that is good, Google it, and don't Bing it, OP.

Comments

#15: I'm years out of school, but I still have fond memories of my profs. One allowed me to postpone an important exam when I was deathly ill. All it took was a phone call and an explanation.

JokersHQ 21

Like many others have said I would talk to the dean of academic affairs or the school president. He can't do that to you especially if it's something important for your health. Hope everything works out and good luck on your surgery!

How could this possibly be ops fault? FYL I'm sorry your teacher's a butt nugget

perdix 29

Some profs have a "no excuses" policy. It's harsh, but if it's applied rigidly, it's fair. Hey, at least he wished you good luck -- he could have wished that you had complications or that you catch a MRSA superbug.

People pay to go to university because they want to learn; if a professor or university is going to take all the time and money they do from students, they can accommodate to situations like the OPs.

Talk to the dean and school board immediately. Your professor has no right to force you into a failing grade under such conditions. You could sue the school if they do such a thing, and if the dean doesn't listen that should be the next step.

doglover100 28

I think he has to let you take it another day since it is for medical reasons.

Unfortunately, I know first hand not all professors are class acts when it comes to accommodations. When my computer got stolen I asked for a 3 day extension from 2 of my teachers one said yes the other said she doesn't give extensions period no matter what the reason. Some teachers just don't have the right kind of heart to be an excellent teacher.

That is the most ******* bullshit I've ever heard. That is a PERFECT reason to take it another day! That bastard needs to be reported!