By mattlikesfunions - 18/07/2016 18:56 - United States - Federal Way

Today, I told my parents that I was going on a diet to lose weight and I wanted their support. They brought home donuts and pizza for dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 737
You deserved it 1 234

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Self control is a big part of a diet. Take this opportunity as a lesson to train yourself and if you can control your cravings then your diet will succeed! Good luck and I wish you good health :)

that's not supportive! just remember your long term goal! snack on something healthy like an apple. they're sweet too! hopefully that helps your sweet tooth and will help you toward your long term goal. good luck!!

Comments

An activity monitor and calorie tracking app will be very helpful in your quest. Eat a slice of pizza, log it in the app, then go ride a bike or walk the dog a few miles to balance that input plus 25% and log that. You get pizza, you lose weight and get fit, and your dog will enjoy it too. It works.

I know it's especially difficult if you're young and can't control the groceries and meals in your home, but hopefully you can suggest cooking dinner yourself a couple of times a week, and maybe going to the grocery store with them to pick out some healthier foods. Good luck, OP. You can do this!

Going on a diet isn't actually a good thing. Your body will get used to that and just when you think your diet is over you will gain weight again and twice as fast. Or you're stuck with your diet. Exercising and having a more balanced diet is better. Also if you eat dairy products, avoid cow milk, cows weight up to 10 times the weight of an adult human, the milk of a cow is made for a calf that will take twice the weight of and adult man in less than a year. So imagine what it can do to your body. Try milks from animals that are closer to a human's weight, goats, sheeps. If you eat meat, white meat is good, provides the calories you need for a day but not as fat as red meat. Don't eat soy, many diet programs will make you eat lots of it but it's not actually healthy for us. When you need to sweeten something, replace sugar with honey, it's a more natural sugar that is easier to digest for your body and it has many other qualities, it improves your immune system and is even good if you're diabetic. Good luck on your weight loss no matter what you do !

No, milk is not safe for humans to drink at all, thank you i know what i'm talking about, i'm studying this. Yes, red meat is good, but in a case where you want to lose weight, it contains way too much fat compared to white meat. We're talking about someone who wants to LOSE weight. No, soy isn't fine to eat, just like many grains and that informations comes, again, from studies that were originally meant to prove it was fine, but we quickly had to recognize that it wasn't. Honey: sweetheart, sugar COMES from a plant but is actually refined and treated with aluminium to make it white. You will NEVER find refined sugar in nature because no, it is NOT natural. It is FROM something natural. Honey is actually good for diabetic people because our body doesn't use it the same way it used refined sugar and yes, they can actually eat that, it is even recommended by some nutritionists. Lastly, i hate all those weird blog that tell you literally everything including bananas cause cancer or some shit, i eat well and exercise, i'm in perfect health and rarely ever sick and once more, i'm studying this, that includes researches i do aside from what i'm taught many studies explain all of that and why it is that way better than i can in an FML. Comment and i know what i'm talking about, but thank you for trying, honey.

Adult humans should lower their dairy intake. We are the only animals to drink milk after being weaned off the tit. However I think, like grains which are also arguably not good for us, we can generally tolerate it because we've incorporated them into our agriculture and diet for thousands of years now. At least in Europe, Russia and the Middle East/North Africa. Cutting out pizza and pasta is always a good idea. Eat zucchini or squash spaghetti instead. Reducing meat is good, we certainly don't need more than one serving of meat per day. Although if we have high activity levels (work out and strength train) we need it for meat protein's unique muscle repairing abilities.

We tolerate Cow Milk, yes, but it is better for us if we drink the milk from an animal closer to our weight, like i shortly explained, a cow takes twice our weight in less than a year, the milk of a cow ins't made from an animal as small as us and 60% of the nutrients, fat and calcium in it is perceived by our body as surplus, to avoid "wasting it" however, the body sends it in the articulations, where we don't need it (cause of arthritis) and in the brain where we don't need it either (linked to alzheimer and dementia ). So we yes we do tolerate it, but it's really harmful on the long therm.

Either your parents are jerks, or they think you need to gain weight .

Maybe they are subtly hinting that you don't actually need to diet? Our society is so screwed up with its beauty standards that many people, especially young people, think they need to diet to obtain a nearly impossible standard of skinniness. Unless you are genuinely medically obese and are experiencing health problems due to your weight, you almost certainly don't need to diet and doing so may actually be harmful.

...... Just because they got pizza and donuts doesn't mean YOU have to eat pizza and donuts. You aren't going to succeed in a diet if you can't stop yourself from eating whatever is put in front of you.

Sorry OPP. I just left the docs office for my annual check I am topping out at 165. last year at this time I was 125. I feel your pain needing to losses some pounds.

I hate how my mom constantly bugs me to lose weight, but she still buys junk food and it's often all we have to eat. I have learned to control myself and have lost the taste for a lot of stuff, but if you really want it Op, you have to over time learn to not give in. Also, talk with a doctor and maybe have them talk some sense into your parents. If you have health issues that run in your family, then they are putting your life at risk. Good luck!

maybe you shouldn't eat so many funions