Mixed signals

By Anonymous - 04/11/2021 19:59 - New Zealand - Nelson

Today, I got told I was too fat and needed to stop eating, because I need to lose weight. I was then given a full plate of food and had to eat it all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 887
You deserved it 139

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Do you have no agency in your life? How about you decide what you want to weigh and how much you want to eat?

hardhead45103 12

Comments

hardhead45103 12

Do you have no agency in your life? How about you decide what you want to weigh and how much you want to eat?

Fact #1 - Everyone eats or you eventually die. You have to eat. Fact #2 How much you eat and especially what you eat makes all the difference in your weight. Fact #3 exercise can help, but how much and what you eat makes a bigger difference. (I was on Weight Watchers a long time ago.) Most sodas, snack and fast food meals are very high in fats, sugars, and carbohydrates - not to mention too high in salt for good health. If you were told not to eat foods like that and were handed a plate of healthy low calorie food then they were actually right. Weight loss, if you are unhealthily overweight, is good for your health if you do it the right way which is slow but steady. It’s more effective if you find a diet, a plan, or a nutritionist that helps you make the right choices and when the motivation comes from inside you. You are the only person who is with you 24/7. It’s not easy because unlike an alcoholic, or smoker for example, you must eat to live whereas once they are past the withdrawal they don’t have to partake of their addiction to live. But it is possible to improve your health and life with a plan and some willpower. I wish you luck and good health.

I would seek professional help. It sounds like your relationship with food is based on others judgment