By Anonymous - 20/04/2009 18:22 - United States

Today, I told my mom that I was taking antidepressants because I hate myself. She said "That's not surprising. You hate everybody. And, you're kind of a bitch." FML
I agree, your life sucks 74 041
You deserved it 23 588

Same thing different taste

Top comments

NGM_KID 0

Maybe you should recommend those drugs to your mom...but then again you could be a bitch :D

"Today, my daughter told me she was on anti-depressants. I told her, 'That's not surprising. You hate everybody. And you're kind of a bitch.' 10 hours later, she burst through the door with a tommy gun. FML"

Comments

Your mom's a bitch, but maybe the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Donno. In response to #10, I put YDI for a lot of these, not cause they deserve it, but because they aren't good reasons to say "FML." Not the case for this one, but just a thought.

y is every1 sayin shes a bitch? u dont even no her. just ignore ur mom and keep taking ur meds and maybe see some1 2 talk 2. ull b ok :-)

You are taking antidepressants and your mom calls you a bitch.... Maybe you are really a bitch, who knows. Your mom is a bitch for sure though.

Told my mum something similar and she just gave me the icy silence treatment then 'Never. Say. That. To. Me. Again.' It hurt and I was alone but retrospectively: so, what? She had issues so that she couldn't deal with it herself. Does that make her a bitch, or just not perfect? I know she loves me anyway. Parents generally try to approach the problem the way that's best and from their own frame of working. I think it's actually sometimes more hurtful for people if they morph into a perfect therapist who's treating you like glass and that you can't be burdened with anything. You stop feeling like a person. Them's the breaks and it's in the way you look at what happened. People are going to say crueler things than that if you confess on the Internet too. You've got to work on quitting seeing darkness everywhere, instead of expecting everyone else to treat you like a fragile piece of glass.

What a horrible mother! Rofl, get her back.

I was apparently very mean to people when I was depressed for a few months. I think it's just part of being depressed, being seen as hostile. People may interpret your depressed behavior in many ways. However, I wasn't told about this in a way nearly as mean as that, but more like, "now we can actually be around you". I am sorry. I hope my reply can help a bit. I was depressed for a really long time. I tried a lot of things. I don't know whether "changing the way you think" is really possible after being depressed for long. To me, it felt like my emotions changed my way of thinking more than my way of thinking changed my emotions. However, there were some things I could influence, symptoms of depression that on their own often cause bad feeling, such as bad eating, or lack of physical activity, or not enough exposure to the sun (see "Seasonal Affective Disorder"). I started forcing myself to eat at least 1000-1400 calories a day (I was eating less sometimes, and had a BMI of 17. sometimes people over-eat instead of under-eat, though), and started doing exercise, just a few minutes of push ups every day. I now feel a lot better, and I kept on doing exercise frequently. Even though I slipped back into feeling depressed a lot of times, it is becoming far less common. That can definitely happen. People do get out of this. I wish you good luck with getting better, and perhaps when you are less depressed, your environment, like mine, will start becoming less hostile as well.

Miss_Tyff 0

I swear it should be a law that you have to get a special license to breed. Some people aren't fit to become parents. If your child is telling you that they are depressed, hate theirself and are getting help for it by taking medication, you should support them, not discourage them and make them feel worse by telling them they are a bitch.

#41: They're generally doing a better job with the self-flallegation at that stage than anyone else can supply. It's very easy to generalise about this, when sometimes getting across the message to someone in a low self-esteem state, self-injuring way who often blame themselves for everything: 'actually, I'm fine. You never hurt me. The only way you're hurting me is by being in pain yourself'.

I don't know who, but one of you is definitely a bitch. lol

#48, medfly: Yep, sunlight, exercise, food and I've developed a thought process where I'm going 'what I'm thinking right now isn't me, I'm having a fit of low mood, it will pass and I'm not going to seriously consider anything I'm thinking about'. What works for me ain't might what work for other people though.