By Anonymous - 20/04/2009 18:22 - United States

Today, I told my mom that I was taking antidepressants because I hate myself. She said "That's not surprising. You hate everybody. And, you're kind of a bitch." FML
I agree, your life sucks 74 041
You deserved it 23 588

Same thing different taste

Top comments

NGM_KID 0

Maybe you should recommend those drugs to your mom...but then again you could be a bitch :D

"Today, my daughter told me she was on anti-depressants. I told her, 'That's not surprising. You hate everybody. And you're kind of a bitch.' 10 hours later, she burst through the door with a tommy gun. FML"

Comments

Depression can both result and be caused by you focusing on your self. Changing the way you think is apparently more effective than the medication available. Hurting other people that love whoever's affected, e.g. a depressive not caring about the most horrible thing, suicide, and what it does to everyone around them. I see families collpase and become suicidal themselves after someone commits suicide: it's like a murder, but the person you're sad about is also the person you're angry at. They blame themselves and each other. Another theory is that it's self-directed anger. Are you being a bitch to YOURself? She told you this, now do you believe her, and why? Are you looking at the negative or positive in what she's saying? Good luck and hopefully your life isn't messed up. People have been through this and have become better people, to themselves and to others.

Ummm you guys are horrible. Do you not know how serious depression is?? Honestly? Take a psych class and get a life. It's not her fault, and her mom isn't being the least bit supportive. She's only triggering her depression.

YLIF 0

#34- i agree with #22 also just he can't spell possibilities : )

Gently dealing with some people doesn't help sometimes. I sometimes wish I had the guts to go 'You know what? You're being a bitch and that's actually quite easily fixable' as a 'WAKE UP!' call to a friend. Your pain doesn't justify hurting everyone else. Just giving the other side of the argument.

Ignore her. I don't know you so I cant give you a really persepctive on things but if its bad enough so that you are taking antidepressants than your mom is just rude and annoying. Don't let what she says get to you. Is it just me or do a lot mothers tend to be really rude at the worst of times?

Tick_fml 0

I agree with #10. In reference to a lot of other FMLs as well. People seem to always assume the worst (in terms of factors that aren't explained/elaborated in the FML), then say "You deserved it".

deliciouskaek 1

#38 - However, that doesn't work for someone who's clearly beyond the "Get a grip" stage. It only serves to make the person feel worse. Honestly, what makes people think they can help improve someone's self-esteem and self-worth by being an asshole and making them feel more horrible than they already did? Clearly, common sense =/= common. That said, I'm not sure I buy this one. If it's true, I'm sorry for you.