By booyouwhoree - 03/03/2009 20:49 - United States

Today, I told my friend I hadn't had a period in 5 months. She asked me if I was pregnant. When I asked her if I looked 5 months pregnant, she replied, "Is that supposed to be a trick question?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 840
You deserved it 18 391

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tyler1 0

OMG I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! i haven't my period in 15 YEARS! then again im a 15 year old guy..

well, do you have any idea as to why you wouldn't be getting your period for 5 months straight if you weren't? mine skips for like two months if i'm stressed but that's about it.

Comments

tyler1 0

OMG I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! i haven't my period in 15 YEARS! then again im a 15 year old guy..

Kizzah 0

^ Above poster is insanely cool

whattheeff 0

^ agreed. #9 and 14, you're assholes. i haven't had my period for almost year now. its normal for it to be irregular when you first get it. i wouldn't worry.

alwaysalady 0

I didn't show my pregnancy at all until I was 7 months. If you've had sex AT ALL go to a doctor, that baby will need a lot of care if your 5 months and have had no attention. Its very important. All kinds of issues come out of unattended pregnancy, pre-eclampsia, miscarriage, preventable birth defects, ectoptic pregnancy. Some of those can kill you. And even if you don't want a baby, you really don't want a handicapped child. If you aren't, then it might be anemia or a hormone thing. (Not to scare you, but we knew about my baby, and i still had pre term labor, we caught a dangerous fetal illness, and I had pre-eclampsia. After all that, I really advocate pre natal care.)

as far as losing weight. maybe if you are too skinny you aren't at a weight that your body could handle a pregnancy, therefore causing you to lose your period. on the other hand... if your friend doesn't instantly reply no, you don't look prego... that may not be the case. :/

sounds to me like you might have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome which can cause you to miss your period for months and it can cause you to be overweight among other things (acne etc.). It is fairly common but people don't usually figure out that they have it until they try to have kids and are infertile. You should talk to a doctor, its easy to treat they just put you on birth control.

UpperSanctuary 0

It sounds like a hormone related problem. Never ask someone if you look pregnant, especially if you have a gut sticking out. You need to get to a gynecologist, just to make sure you're okay.

beililee 0

If you are below a certain weight (though the implication is in your words that you're not) then you can lose your period because your body knows that it would be overtaxed if it had to carry another life. However, if you look preggers, and haven't had a period in forever, a simple trip to the gyno could clear up confusion. And why weren't you worried about not having it for forever? Are you on birth control or something? Because if you're on birth control, then that's another explanation. All these FMLs about weight... *rolls eyes* if you're unhappy with your weight dearies, then do something about it, and stop basing your progress on other people's communicated perceptions of you. Then it won't be an FML.

You can always just get wasted daily just incase u might b pregnant so it will never be born. Always gotta think 1 step ahead!

Drinking during pregnancy will most likely not abort the child, but give it a serious disease, disorder, etc. Or just... Do nothing.

Everyone seems to assume that she could be pregnant or should be more concerned about it. Perhaps she's not concerned at all due to the small fact that generally you have to HAVE sex to get pregnant. If you aren't having sex then you need to find better friends, but then again, maybe your friend is telling you the truth and thinks you need to take care of yourself more. If you are having sex, stop being an idiot and get that checked out.