By Anonymous - 09/03/2015 12:15 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, I told my Dad I was an alcoholic and had decided to seek help. His reply, "Don't stop drinking, you are the life of the party, funny and beautiful when you drink." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 359
You deserved it 3 519

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SoapTurtle 7
Guard_Babe 19

He cares more about you being the "life of the party" than being healthy? Wow.

Comments

ashweaver 12

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

and op being a girl would matter because...?

What would that have to do with it? You're a moron.

Maybe like you he'll just have to make the brave, life changing decision to live without something for the sake of himself and those he loves. Though in this case it'll be having someone to entertain him at parties he'll be giving up. Good luck to both of you!

Senrab 15

Better than being abusive and mean? :)

Encouraging your child to destroy their life through alcohol is mean.

Best of luck to you on your journey to get clean. It takes a lot of strength to admit you have a problem and work to better yourself. You should be proud of yourself for that.

You took a big step in realizing you have a problem and are seeking help for it. Hopefully you can surround yourself with other people in your family that will be positive, instead of being an enabler, because your going to need that positivity in months to come. Wish you the best of luck and like many people on here has said, don't listen to your dad.

Maybe your dad isn't the right person to talk to about the issue. Good for you for recognizing the problem and trying to get help though, OP. Good luck!

khoov19 20

Get help. Not for drinking for ur dad