By AbsentMindedGal - 21/12/2013 09:07 - United States

Today, I stopped at the gas station to fill up my tank and get some snacks. I paid the cashier, then got back into my car, totally forgetting to pump the $50 worth of fuel I'd just prepaid for. Too bad I didn't realize until my car came to a sputtering stop about a mile down the road. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 796
You deserved it 22 636

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Do you really have the nerve to call people "dumbfucks" after rereading your comment, 46?

Comments

beaverteaser 16

why did you let your tank get that low in the first place

spiritfang11237 16

I am guessing a mixture of procrastination and forgetfulness might answer that.

I was thinking the same, think of it as a RAK OP, so at least that's a positive. I have run out of gas before and running to the gas station especially in the cold sucked.

That's not the way it works. Unless that person behind the OP knew that there was $50. worth of gas and pulled up behind her, without resetting it with the cashier, the credit should still be in the system.

dextrementor 24

How didn't you notice your tank was empty when you first got back into your car? But on the plus side you won't be hungry when the tow truck arrives.

You gave the next person to pull up to the pump an amazing christmas gift!

As awesome as that would be, in most cases, one has to pump the gas within a couple minutes or the transaction is cancelled. If someone stood by and watched, then shame on them! If someone just by chancd got that shit....HELL YEAH, FREE GAS!

Sweetpea22 14

Look on the bright side OP. You probably made someones day less crappy.

jefrey 9

next time keep your recipe, call triple A (AAA) & go back to the same gas station.... P.S. this time pump the gas first before getting your snacks..

some stations require you to prepay inside.

I found that most stations, at least the places I've been in in the US, require you to prepay before pumping gas. Otherwise people could pump their gas and leave without paying.

32, 65. I thought he just meant buy the snacks after, not pay for the gas after. So you don't forget after picking out snacks. Could be wrong though.

YDI. Let it be a lesson learned from one expensive class. I know from my own experience that lessons very much like yours have stuck with me.

pay by card next time so it'll tell you instructions to remind you to fill your car