By JulieKid - 04/05/2009 17:19 - United States

Today, I stepped out of my car and slipped on a fresh coating of ice on the ground. I tried to catch myself by grabbing the car on my way down, but unfortunately, I was trying to grab with the hand that was holding my car keys. I key-scratched my own car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 526
You deserved it 7 800

Same thing different taste

Top comments

chasing_adalia 0

Okay, let me explain it. The OP started to slip on ice, and tried to prevent herself from falling by grabbing the car. Unfortunately, the hand that was grabbing the car had the car keys in that. This means that the OP, when making grabbing motions, effectively scratched her car with the keys, causing a "keyed car" effect. OP fell and damaged her paint job. And other hemispheres have winter at different times than others, so it's possible for the OP to be somewhere snowy.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Except Iowa is in the northern hemisphere. Lol.

Comments

jackmo0616 0

yeah i have to ask, where are you? im in minnesota and it was even 70 here today so you gotta be someplace where it doesnt get above 50 in the summer.

ohhhhshizzz 0

#53: It isn't summer everywhere, at the moment in other places it is winter, the Earth's rotation.

THANK YOU, #27 and #28 for being understanding! :) Finals week is hell, as we all know it! And as for the other comments, why are we getting all geographical here? It is May, yes, but the weather these days is soo crazy. It's actually cold outside in some places, 'specially in the East Coast.

I've slipped on ice a few times. It's always in the worst spots.

dude... it's may and you still have ice... thats a sure sign to get the **** out from wherever you live. i'm live in fricken MN and it's all gone, and thats saying something.

what i don't get is how you slipped on ice in may... man you fakers are annoying.

Not an FML. You didn't get hurt, and it's just a scratch on a car. And ice in May? "I live in Alaska, where we still have ice. As I was stepping out of the car, I slipped on a sheet of it, and groped for the door with my hand. I was still holding my car keys, and as my hand slipped they tore a foot-long, inch-and-a-half-deep gash on my newly restored 1966 Corvette. And I broke my leg." That would have made it an FML.

dr_house_MD 0

GOD DAMN. ITS WINTER IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE. WINTER!!! ICE!!!

npk1112 0

For all of the arrogant ass Europeans with the "jeeze you self-centered Americans" attitude.... A. Most populated places in the southern hemisphere don't even have real winter weather even in the middle of their winter. Australia/Oceania, southern Africa, and South America. With the exception of the Highlands and Andes in south America; none of these areas have snow or ice even during the peak of their winters B. May isnt even the dead of winter in the southern hemisphere....it would be more like mid/late fall in the Northern hemisphere (think October/early November). C. Nobody was claiming it was "impossible" that there was ice on the ground in May; just that it was highly unusual. They were asking "where do you live" because it would be interesting to know as it is most likely at a very extreme latitude/very high altitude area. It was a legit question. But what do I know...i'm just a self centered, ignorant neo-nazi Bush loving American right? (rolls eyes)