By JulieKid - 04/05/2009 17:19 - United States

Today, I stepped out of my car and slipped on a fresh coating of ice on the ground. I tried to catch myself by grabbing the car on my way down, but unfortunately, I was trying to grab with the hand that was holding my car keys. I key-scratched my own car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 526
You deserved it 7 800

Same thing different taste

Top comments

chasing_adalia 0

Okay, let me explain it. The OP started to slip on ice, and tried to prevent herself from falling by grabbing the car. Unfortunately, the hand that was grabbing the car had the car keys in that. This means that the OP, when making grabbing motions, effectively scratched her car with the keys, causing a "keyed car" effect. OP fell and damaged her paint job. And other hemispheres have winter at different times than others, so it's possible for the OP to be somewhere snowy.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Except Iowa is in the northern hemisphere. Lol.

Comments

poolshark 0

FYI: If you want to know about moderation, read the rules and look in the FAQ. Allegedly, FMLs are posted 3-4 hours after they are submitted. The people who run the site ultimately choose which stories get posted, but they will consult the moderation yes/no votes to help decide.

frootloop25: too bad even after you "fixed" your post, "get" and "don't" are in the wrong order. tsk tsk tsk.

IloveFML1 0

gayness, and where do u live cause its not icy

#23 you're too late. We already discussed that. tsk tsk tsk.

dudeseriously 0

I don't care which hemisphere it is, FYL for living in a place where there IS ice. Cold weather sucks. Support global warming, and problems like this will cease to exist.

"Today, I commented on a FML, but ACCIDENTALLY switched two words around. People then focused on my comment rather than the OP to boost their own ego while making me feel like my years of education were worth nothing. FML." Give her a break...it's finals week. Most of our brain cells are devoted to 800 page textbooks. Good luck frootloop :)

wow_fmylife 0

haha frootloop25 im sorry everybody is just raggin' about the small mistake you made! but #22 - i get that but the point is that the moderators are NOT doing a very good job moderating 'cause seriously this FML even made it through... ----> http://www.fmylife.com/miscellaneous/1611254

pinkducttape 0

hopefully it didnt actually scratch the paint - just left those marks that rub off.

i say **** your life for living anywhere with snow in may. eek.

poolshark 0

#28: I never said that I was impressed with the FML, did I? I was just responding to people who think that there was only ice where the OP lives because he/she posted this comment a while ago, during typical winter months. The fact is, some people live where it is still cold in May and some people post FMLs that happened in the past, but still have the mandatory "Today..." at the beginning.