By dole_out_the_fml - 20/05/2009 17:36 - Canada

Today, I spent two hours making dinner for my boyfriend's family. When I brought it over to their house they said "thanks" and didn't bother to invite me to stay to eat it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 250
You deserved it 4 587

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least now you know they're not worth expending any effort for.

NGM_KID 0

You should have said "Now that you saw my food I guess I'll be leaving with it, I just wanted to show you how delicious it was!!"

Comments

LOL, suck! dont blame your man for having crappy rents though :D

Assholes... Please do not ever make them food again. Also slap that boyfriend of yours for not taking the lead for his family and inviting you to dinner.

Wow, I concur with #3. People like that will never be pleased with anything you do, so don't go out of your way for them. I would also pull the bf over and quickly and calmly mention how disrespected you felt. In my opinion, he shouldn't have let them do that. He should learn to stand up for his partner.

ffpoisongirl 0

I kinda hope this one gets illustrated. I'd like to see that.

NickelPhosphate 0

Wow was your boyfriend not there? If he was and didn't invite you in, you should totally dump him, he doesn't deserve you! And the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...so he's probably just like them. You should have taken the food back and left lmao!

You should have "accidentally" sneezed on all the food. :)

i can definitely see a situation in which this is COMPLETELY YDI. Like... if my brother's girlfriend dropped by and said "hey, I made this for you guys" and handed me a plate of food, then I would just say "thanks!" and that would be that. Just seems like a nice gesture... But if they had ASKED you for the food... then that's ****** up.... and in that case, FML

I think dumping him is a little extreme. Maybe it was late and they thought you had already eaten or something? I agree it was pretty assholish to not invite you in, but still, they don't HAVE to invite you in, it's their house. Maybe his parents don't like you?

totalnutjob 0

Send them a bill for the dinner plus delivery charges.