Overreaction club

By Punk'd - 03/04/2021 08:00

Today, my brother is about to move to a new house, all because last week I played a prank on him. I made him believe that I crashed my car and had to sell his things to pay for the damage. He's no longer talking to me, or acknowledging me as a sibling anymore. FML
I agree, your life sucks 241
You deserved it 2 052

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pranks are supposed to be funny, not life-damaging. I wouldn't want to be around you either after that.

Marco Leuenberger 17

YDI! Stop playing the victimcard! You ****** up and now you want us to feel sorry for you? Nah you grow the **** up and take responsibility for the shit you did!

Comments

Marco Leuenberger 17

YDI! Stop playing the victimcard! You ****** up and now you want us to feel sorry for you? Nah you grow the **** up and take responsibility for the shit you did!

Lydmyers 9

this sounds alittle too much like personally invested comment...

Have some decency and leave your brother alone. What you did is far from a prank. You made a big lie about an accident that could have caused a lot of damage to people around you both mentally and physically. Maybe try to reconcile later instead of playing the victim card on the internet.

Pranks are supposed to be funny, not life-damaging. I wouldn't want to be around you either after that.

You should be grateful that he's being the bigger person and moving out instead of moving into the penitentiary for giving you an ass whupping you rightfully deserve.

Marcella1016 31

Jeeeesus guys what’s up with these comments all attacking OP?! Yes pranks are annoying generally IMO, but it seems like the brother super duper overreacted. 99% of the time I see pranks on here that are just dick moves and physically hurt people, and the comments usually say it’s funny. In this case, OP just *told* his brother something to mess with him. In all likelihood, it was an early April Fool’s joke because people usually see through them if you do them the day of. Yeah pranks are stupid, but OP was just messing with his brother. It’s not like he actually sold his stuff, he just told him he did. Now his brother is moving out and basically disowning him. I’m sure OP did not expect the reaction to go that far, and I assume he now needs to find another housemate to help with rent. And that really sucks. It’s possible the brother is “pranking” him too, though, to get him back lol. Good luck, OP! Hope you get your brother back.

Doubt that’s the only reason he’s moving away. Sounds like he’s sick of your shit

brybearz22 1

this is the problem with the world today. everyone so so ******* serious. just look at all these comments like I first joined this site and was like huh this is actually pretty cool kinda funny kinda screwed up kinda serious but obviously can take a joke.. but I start reading the comment wtf is wrong w u people you know your comments really reflect who u are as a person and when u say shit like yeah he really moved out becuase of how u are and shit just wtf faith n humanity slipping away slowly bu lt surely I mean shit jesus himself would of cracked a smile and laughed a bit lighten up assholes lmao.. now watch someone get butthurt and all serious and technical and try to say some ignorant shit to me now.. goodmorning sensitive america lmao