By Anonymous - 14/12/2012 23:16 - United Kingdom - Bridgwater

Today, I sent an email to my boss saying I'd fixed a glitch in our mail servers. He called me later, angrily shouting that I'd done a piss-poor job of fixing it, because my email had spammed his inbox with several hundred duplicate messages. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 835
You deserved it 11 323

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, this is the first FML I've seen where a boss is actually right! Huzzah!

Comments

And somewhere in between those several hundred messages is a seriously important e-mail.

Like there was a glitch in the mail server or something

oj101 33

Not necessarily - the boss can easily filter his email to exclude messages from the OP.

oj101 33

Oh dear... a solution always begets another problem.

This is perhaps the tamest FML I've ever read...

The e-mails seemed pretty wild to me...

Wow, correcting mistakes that don't exist? That's a low point.

Wow, you need to work on your glitch-fixing skills, OP.

I did this to my boss once by messing around with outlook. don't ask me how, I have no idea.

If she tells you, she'll have to kill you. Do you really want to know? ... ... ... Aliens.

When I read this FML I thought that he did fix it but needed to send emails to check it's fixed.

Then he should have sent the test emails to himself instead of the boss, then just the one final resolved email to the boss.

It's conceivable that a glitch other than the one OP was responsible for fixing caused the spam. Either way, OP has my sympathy. Debugging code and troubleshooting server issues can be extremely frustrating tasks.

Do a search in the email program for emails with that subject/from field/phrase within the email, Ctrl A the results, Delete. Not that big a deal... If he went through and individually deleted, that's his problem. Still want to fix that bug though OP.

This might be why he put a dick at the end of your slideshow.

theres kids on here stop posting sick comments like that, holy hell!!