By WTF - 09/06/2012 13:54 - Australia - Adelaide

Today, I saw my mom changing the expiry date on milk. She genuinely thought this would make the milk sour later. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 782
You deserved it 2 211

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Change her birth date... She"ll age slower =}

Really? Wanting someone's mom dead is pretty harsh...

Comments

borkchop1992 15

If my store manager does it then it really must work!

stinkystu7 0

I thought that was pretty smart if u ask me

If I were you I would go out and buy milk and explain: "When the expiry date comes closer, buy more milk. Immediately." Seriously disgusting if you ever had milk with a changed expiry date.

My dad stopped by yesterday with a 4 litre jug of milk he just bought. For whatever reason, he felt we needed more milk, so, there it was. He topped up my youngest's sippy cup and I took him for a drive to Winnipeg (I live rurally close to there) and on the way back, he starts puking curdled milk all over the back of my suv. Guess who bought expired milk, right from the store? ;P Rather unpleasant smell, and my 2 yr old didn't appreciate it much either, poor guy. :p So the idea that the store sells a product with an expiration date, but doesn't accurately keep track of it, kinda grosses me out a bit. Ick.

the_enigma1019 1

and all this time you just thought you were lactose intolerant and that's why you puked when you drank milk.

152- Slow down, I'm only on chapter 7 in the book. You are ahead of me.

Mother has to do what a mother has to do

Trisha_aus 15

Oh you Aussies...hmm I'm Aussie too nvm..oh you crow eaters!

perdix 29

Milk sourness is all in your head. If you hadn't caught her, her plan would have worked. Meddling teenagers!

jimbob95 5

"and i would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you damned meddling kids.." anyone else think of this?

perdix 29

Yes, I did, that's why I included the Scooby Doo reference.

Sperino 4

Silly me. I always thought it was called an "expiration" date. You learn something new everyday.

Expiry and Expiration are interchangeable, but there are some small differences. Expiry is considered a British (or in OPs case Australian) term that American's don't use, although it is considered a legal term here. I suggest doing a little research on it. It's fun.

Perhaps in the OP's home country "expiry date" is the more commonly used term.

wanna_bee 8

Thank you for saying this. Expiry is why I believe this is YDI, because obviously th OP has no idea what an expiration date is so the fact that the OP's mother was changing the expiration date doesnt affect the OP.

#47, did you even read #40's comment?

Well on my milk, it usually goes bad about a week or more after the expiration date, so dont be so quick to judge. Maybe she was just setting the accurate date so she knows when it ACTUALLY goes bad.

Accurate date? So basically she's setting the exact date and time the milk will expire because she's psychic, right?