By getyourownbike - 12/05/2009 23:11 - United States

Today, I rode my bike to the store because I only had a few things to pick up. When I walked back out after five minutes, my bike was stolen. I had gone to the store to buy a new bike lock. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 803
You deserved it 12 918

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you didn't have a decent lock why did you ride your bike and leave it where it could get stolen?

If you didn't already have a lock for your bike, you shouldn't have taken it to the store. Leaving your bike unlocked outside unattended is just asking for it to be stolen.

Comments

Should have locked your bike up with your old lock or something :P.

If you didn't have a decent lock why did you ride your bike and leave it where it could get stolen?

If you didn't already have a lock for your bike, you shouldn't have taken it to the store. Leaving your bike unlocked outside unattended is just asking for it to be stolen.

Why would you leave your bike out in the open? YDI That's like leaving your keys in the car door or something.

Yeah, I don't think I'd like to live in your area ;)

Nyxen 0

Seems kind of dumb to me to be riding your bike to the store when you need to buy a bike lock. Of course it's going to get stolen. It's like, walking to the hospital to get your broken leg bones set and put in a cast. Ok maybe that's a bad analogy.

lol, why do people still steal bikes?

bexx1996 0

exactly what i was thinking..

Because some people steal. They are awful people, but they aren't doing it to be generous and so it will remain awful.

This exact same thing happened to me! Except mine was a brand new bike for my birthday...somehow my FML didn't get posted but yours did...eh. Still, that really does suck, I know the feeling.

Nyxen 0

"Why do people still steal bikes?" To cause victims to post FMLs, I imagine. People are just dicks and like to steal things for the hell of it. Run off giggling. Tee hee, now how will this guy get home? Probably dumped it in a creek somewhere.