By sadblufly - 19/06/2016 03:19 - United States - Louisville

Today, I returned home from college. I found out that my dad ran over my cat months ago and tried to cover it up by having her stuffed. I found it "her" on my bed when I got home. They think that it's sweet that they stuffed the cat they killed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 811
You deserved it 1 956

sadblufly tells us more.

WOW I didn't expect to get published haha. But I do think it's ****** up, and my parents ended up agreeing. My cat was an indoor cat and has always hated going outside, especially because she was allergic to grass/something outside so I know she didn't just...run out the door or whatever. I'm not saying that they did it on purpose, because it's possible she was in the car for the vet or something and got out/they didn't notice? I don't know. I was completely heart broken and still am, I grew up with this cat and was having a rough time when I came home and looking forward to seeing her. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the..remains, but I definitely dont want to keep my stuffed cat...I think I'm going to bury her when I get the chance. My parents haven't stopped apologising, but it still sucks to have this happen.

Top comments

I'm sorry. That's equally sad and ****** up.

That is horrific thinking on their part. The complete lack of empathy for your feelings is bordering on sociopath here. I am so sorry you had to come home to that.

Comments

Your profile pic makes your comment sound very dark.

moocowmilk0 19
RedCronos 17

How was your childhood then?

At least he didn't turn it into a drone, like the guy in the video I saw on facebook... I'm sorry for your loss OP, what a horrible way to find out!

flyingflies 36

You'd be surprised how many people do that

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, if that's what the owner wants but doing it behind the owners back is ****** up beyond belief. Personally it's not my thing, I'd prefer a little jar of ashes to keep safe but whatever helps comfort someone.

I'm really glad that you think that finding my childhood pet dead and stuffed on my bed is funny, because I assure you, I did not.

I mean it would be a little more understandable if it passes from old age and then had it stuffed, but to run it over then stuff it? What the actual ****???

My god that is messed up. I'm so sorry you had to go through that and I'm so sorry about your kitty :(