By sadblufly - 19/06/2016 03:19 - United States - Louisville

Today, I returned home from college. I found out that my dad ran over my cat months ago and tried to cover it up by having her stuffed. I found it "her" on my bed when I got home. They think that it's sweet that they stuffed the cat they killed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 811
You deserved it 1 956

sadblufly tells us more.

WOW I didn't expect to get published haha. But I do think it's ****** up, and my parents ended up agreeing. My cat was an indoor cat and has always hated going outside, especially because she was allergic to grass/something outside so I know she didn't just...run out the door or whatever. I'm not saying that they did it on purpose, because it's possible she was in the car for the vet or something and got out/they didn't notice? I don't know. I was completely heart broken and still am, I grew up with this cat and was having a rough time when I came home and looking forward to seeing her. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the..remains, but I definitely dont want to keep my stuffed cat...I think I'm going to bury her when I get the chance. My parents haven't stopped apologising, but it still sucks to have this happen.

Top comments

I'm sorry. That's equally sad and ****** up.

That is horrific thinking on their part. The complete lack of empathy for your feelings is bordering on sociopath here. I am so sorry you had to come home to that.

Comments

On the plus side at least your cat can be by your side forever.

MamaChey 24

Disturbing, yet amusing at the same time.

That's ******* disgusting. I honestly don't know if I could remain on speaking terms with my family after that if they did the same to my cat.... I'm so sorry.

ericanicole1 12

Sorry about kitty, your parents really stuffed up on this one and I hope you made that clear to them.

And you wonder how the human brain functions, when people decide stuffing an animal would be the most convenient way to apologise.

That is horrible. I hope you are headed away to college to get a fantastic education and become successful however you see fit. Your parents need time alone to evaluate their relationship with you. Good luck.

I really hope you talked to them about how wrong this is, I'm so sorry that they thought that it was a good idea.