By thatgirl34 - 09/02/2012 11:29 - Australia

Today, I received my new car-seat covers. I wrote my car off yesterday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 329
You deserved it 18 696

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buy a car to go with the new seat covers.

Well the most logical thing to do is return them

Comments

That sucks same sorta thing happened to me. Put new rims on and the next day they broke in.

Clamcreepy 7

Look on the bright side, At least you got what you always wanted.

Why would you order seat covers if your selling your car? Why would you sell your car if you ordered seat covers? Why are you so stupid

charmanderCHAR 5

Why are YOU so stupid to assume she ordered them knowing her car was going to get written off? Maybe she bought them, then something unexpected happened and she had to write off her car, THEN the seat covers came in late and she couldn't cancel them in time. USE YOUR BRAIN.

jebron 13

They didn't sell their car they crashed it. I doubt this was a planned event!

totalgleek87 3

Why would you sell your car after you order new car seat covers? It just doesn't add up.

I get that there is a dialect barrier here that's causing some confusion... but I think a lot more people would've understood and agreed that your life is effed if you said that you crashed your car instead of wrote off.

Haha sorry I didn't think it was a big deal, people aren't dumb I'm sure they'll work it out.

Ins0mau 20

I didn't realise the term "write off" was unique to us Aussies.

It was the first time I heard it used, but enough people had already asked what it meant by the time I read the post that I could figure it out. But a lot of people are dumb and/or don't read other comments before posting. Thank you fml for teaching me new phrases.

How long did it take you to get them after you ordered them?

Hmm I'm not from English speaking country what does "wrote my car off" mean ?

It means he had an accident and his car is 'beyond repair' so it's a write-off. Hence the phrase 'wrote my car off'. Hope this helps...

Yeah, basically means that it'd cost more to fix it than to replace it, if I understand correctly (I, too, hadn't heard this phrase prior to this FML).