By in_side_out - 14/01/2010 11:26 - Australia

Today, I received an email saying that the present I ordered for my girlfriend's birthday will be a week late, which makes it a week late for her birthday. I sat down and said we needed to talk, she burst into tears and apologised for 'sleeping with him,' I just wanted to tell her it would be late. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 526
You deserved it 2 874

Same thing different taste

Comments

now you can break up with her on her birthday. it might make u feel better

bubblebee2007 0

haha, dumping some one on their birthday for cheating will definetly make you feel better, i suggest doing it :)

I agree. Cancel the order and end things with the whorebag. She's not sorry, and she'll do it again.

I agree. if she really cared about you she wouldn't cheat on you. once a cheater, always a cheater. what a stupid bitch.

TrijonVirus 0

Ask for a threesome! it is her bday after all....:)

TrijonVirus 0

now she owes u an evan bigger present for your bday and what more betta than telling her u now wana have a threesome with her pretty best friend.... asuming its a girl and that she is dam sexy

BadPinkKitty07 0

oh burn! ouch that sucks. I hope you bought her some tight jeans for her b-day. might help her keep her legs together. ;)

i wish that will never happen to me...sorry man...

how long have you been going out? and how well did she know the guy? she obviously feels incredibly guilty or she wouldn't have just blurted it out, she'd have denied it at all costs. I feel sorry for you and it's a horrible situation but it sounds like it was just a horrible mistake, good luck x

piles_of_fail 0

that's not spelling, that's grammar, smart one. And yes, people DO care about that.

you shouldve apologized for not knowing how to spell apologized. ydi for flunking English

lq95742 0

You're an idiot. He *is* spelling it how it's spelled in English. The correct ENGLISH (as in ENGLAND) way is with an "s", the American version has a "z", as with many other words. Australians spell things the original way.

McGaz 2

In England, it is spelt apologised. It is the Americans that use the z''.

lq95742 0

Also, good call on criticizing his English when you couldn't be bothered to check yours...

The internets are not just in Amerika, you know... FYL for being an ingoramus.

catkat1988 17

There's nothing wrong with OP's English, and as someone already pointed out, that's how you spell "apologise" in England (and how I was taught to spell it at school in Denmark). English words are spelled differently in different English-speaking countries, but moreover, people who don't speak English as their first language or people who may not be great at spelling should be given a chance, too. Spelling every single word correctly is not the purpose of this site, even though it's nice when a story is not too poorly written.

Dumbass - not everybody spells that word correctly - it depends what part of the world you're from.

PROTIP: The American spelling is the original spelling. It's even the preferred British spelling according to the OED. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences#-ise.2C_-ize But to hell with linguistics and history, and go spelling nationalism!

It's the preferred spelling IN the OED, and other academic sources, but according to the article you posted it is not the preferred spelling of the populace. "Perhaps as a reaction to the ascendancy of American spelling, the -ize spelling is now rarely used in the UK mass media and newspapers, to the extent that it is often incorrectly regarded as an Americanism. The ratio between -ise and -ize stands at 3:2 in the British National Corpus."

First, the kind of punctuation you were looking for is called a "period." Use it. Second, there's a difference between remorse/regret and true penitence, and it's often hard to tell the difference. There's also no telling when and if she'll cheat on you again; if she already did it once, it's entirely possible that she'll do it again. You wouldn't even be doing HER a favor by staying with her. Be nice through her birthday if you want, but you need to dump her.