By Noff - 05/07/2011 09:42 - Australia

Today, I received a text at 6am from my boss stating that my services are no longer required. He couldn't even wait until I was awake to fire me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 679
You deserved it 3 254

Noff tells us more.

Fortunately it was nothing to do with my work ethic or wrong doings on my part. The business simply couldn't support the amount of staff it had at the time.

Top comments

At least you can catch a few more hours of sleep, it's not like you have a job to go to.

it was just a dream, go back to sleep

Comments

I thought so too! What kind of jerk fires people via text? That's worse than dumping via text.

Take them to court - Text message isn't a viable method to terminate in Australia unless they have explored all other options, their has been a few hefty payout's already from this.

sue them! an employee who got fired by text message ended up with a $10 grand settlement!

It all depends on the circumstance, my friend. I also know a girl who was fired via text message, but that was only because she didn't have a home phone and couldn't accept calls on her cell phone.

zendaddy0 0

he can't fire you if you're still asleep he still won't pay you though

Chrispayne 4

Are u or where u hourly? Some states u could sue him for making u work off the clock

I think you're writing on the wrong FML, dude.

who knows, maybe op's job requires them to be at work prior to 6 am, and they got fired because they were sleeping, thus not at work. you gotta explore all the possibilities...

crowbar_2010 2

you didn't get fired! no..he just doesn't need your bjs anymore, duh!

PurpleKissesGree 0

A text???.... are you serious

so....you mustive been doin a bad job