By 4themoneh - 05/04/2011 05:10 - United States

Today, I arrived twenty minutes early for my opening shift at work, so I decided to turn on the radio and wait in my nice warm car. I woke up two hours later with twelve missed calls from my boss and a dead car battery. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 479
You deserved it 38 428

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A7X_LoVeee 10

Yeah, because bosses randomly think, "Huh, so and so isn't in yet, I'll go check the parking lot!" ......

Comments

You only have a problem if it's thirteen missed calls and a dead hooker in the back seat.

Frelling 0

What if it is one missed call and thirteen dead hookers?

or thirteen dead calls, one missed hooker and a boss in the backseat

Or, thirteen ALIVE hookers, a dead boss, and a missed call! :D Sounds like a party! ^_^

all a nigga wanted was to get some sleep, poor gut

o I wanna do one...or what if there were 12 missed calls no hooker and boss...oh wait dammit

YDI. set an alarm next time, OP. or just don't drift off asleep, real question is: areyou fired?probably XD

duckie227 22

no the real question is why the boss was too damn lazy to walk out to OP's car and knock on the window and see if OP was alright. OP could have had a medical emergency.

Rashadd 6

I hadn't thought of that, 61..good question.

A7X_LoVeee 10

Yeah, because bosses randomly think, "Huh, so and so isn't in yet, I'll go check the parking lot!" ......

I agree with A7X, why would the boss assume he was asleep in the parking lot O_o Unless this isn't the first time :P

ilovepoppa 0

71- if he was 20 minutes early the other people on his shift who came after him should've saw him in the parking lot.?

OP was probably the only worker to start at that hour, explaining why OP's boss called so many times.

denvan 0

lmao oh that had happened to me before but they could have seen your car parked

ramboman19 8
enonymous 8

Did you attach your nipples to that battery and drain it? 2 hours (max) or less for a battery to die is a bit of a stretch.

he was using it to power his heavy duty vibrator. i have one too, but my car-nal pleasure model uses four car batteries and the blood of a virgin.

The battery only recharges if you are driving. Starting the engine and using anything electrical drains the battery. OP wasn't driving so the battery wasn't recharging. Both the radio and the heater were on, draining the battery. 2hrs like that can be enough. My bet is that OP hadn't been on any long journeys recently to fully charge the battery. Probably just lots of short commutes in the morning with plenty of stopping and starting at lights.

Frelling 0

Close, but no cigar. If the engine is running the battery charges off the alternator. However if the OP has only turned on accessories for the radio and heater (non AC), then it will likely drain the battery quickly, especially if the battery is old.

Frelling 0
awardZu 0

When did heaters start working when the vehicle isn't running? Do I just need to get a newer car?

yea seriously since when do heaters work when I car is turned off? I mean I know it works a little bit when you first turn it off since it pulls hot air off the engine but I have never been able to keep warm off of the vent with no power on. so either you were sleeping in cold air, you ran outta gas, or you're just dumb for falling asleep. prob a combination of everything but nbd

If the heater was 'ON' and the radio was 'ON', but the engine was 'OFF', then the electrical draw on the battery is only the heater FAN and the radio. 3-4 amps max. No way the battery would only last two hours with that miniscule draw. Especially after driving the vehicle to the workplace, unless the alternator was not charging the battery to begin with. I still say it's a bogus Post.

cptmorgan15 2

Ok idiots, it never says the car was running or the heater was on. It says the car was warm, probably from the ride in. So OP most likely turned the radio on and fell asleep with the car off, causing the battery to drain. And, yes, a battery can drain after 2 hours with only the radio on. It might be a cheap battery or just old.

lori_lovee 0

how do you know the battery wasn't already old, dumb ass?

WOODYfromthaBAY 0

Hehe, I like your punctuality, too bad it ended up biting you in ass, FYL, better luck next time :P

Man that sucks op... Never done that particular one but I've done similar.. I hate that feeling when you wake up and realize what happened...

yes I've done this before back when I first did mourning shifts, as long as you don't do it again you'll be ok. :p