By Noff - 05/07/2011 09:42 - Australia

Today, I received a text at 6am from my boss stating that my services are no longer required. He couldn't even wait until I was awake to fire me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 679
You deserved it 3 254

Noff tells us more.

Fortunately it was nothing to do with my work ethic or wrong doings on my part. The business simply couldn't support the amount of staff it had at the time.

Top comments

At least you can catch a few more hours of sleep, it's not like you have a job to go to.

it was just a dream, go back to sleep

Comments

Hmmm_ok 0

why has the world become so antisocial? 1st they stopped doing it face to face.. now they can't even call.. lol next thing you know they'll expect you to be psychic and just know you're fired

"omg ur so fired!!1! i h8 u lololololol u suk"

smartalek 2

that sucks. you'd want a little respect for working for that jerk.

OWNZ 0

It was like Christmas morning for him. He went to bed majorly excited to fire someone, and he woke up so early that he couldn't hold in his excitement any longer and sent u that text. I Santa Claus pronounce him... THE BIGGEST DOUCHE IN THE WORLD!

the boss probably told OP when he/she did so she wouldnt have to even show up and then fet fired. This way, she can sleep in and didnt waste her morning getting ready.

Well that just sucks. Yknow, in australia, theres been a whole big thing on the news lately about a boss who did the same thing. Im pretty sure the ex-employee is taking legal action and is expecting some substantial payout :) perhaps its not a bad idea for you to do the same.

that's correct, her boss fired her by text, she took legal action for unfair dismissal and was payed out almost 10k

thats right ;) silly boss. i dont understand how anyone could think its a good idea to sack someone by text. sucks for OP (and anyone else who this has happened to~)