By Anonymous - 17/07/2009 12:56 - United States

Today, I received a "diamond ring" in Mafia Wars (a facebook app) from my boyfriend of 3 years. Along with the ring came a message. It read, "Will you marry me?" He was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 450
You deserved it 9 969

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Isn't that a good thing? I mean, yeah it's not an expensive restaurant and real ring ... but I think it's sweet and almost romantic. :)

Don't post a FML because you are sad you didn't get some multi-thousand dollar ring. He could've given you nothing, like some people on here get. lol

Comments

WFMS 0

what do you mean FML? that's an awesome way to propose. it's pretty creative too.

islaphippos 0

ydi for playing mafia wars, i think that's nice and your a bitch

These people are retarded, OP. Don't even listen to them. My fiance didn't officially propose to me, but he did take me to pick out my ring. You don't know if this guy did it just because he's a cheap ******* bastard, did you ever think of that? Some men are. Also, to not do it face to face does take away a LOT of the meaning. Maybe he should have done it when he was at her house(borrowed her comp for a moment) and then said, "Hey check your Facebook real quick." Then she'd see it, and he could say "Babe, will you marry me?" But with no human-human contact it's rather pathetic. I don't care how 'creative' it is. Stop bitching at her because you people are probably fat and have no one to care about you. Proposal is a pretty big deal, and he could have been a bit more creative(and understand) than that. Obviously this is not something she's down with - otherwise why would she be posting? If she was, and he should know how she'd like to get proposed to by now(or have some idea), then it'd be all good. But no, sorry, nope. She isn't selfish. She isn't a bitch. Just 'cause you'll never get proposed to doesn't mean you can't have some standards. .. The end.

Thank you, I can't believe all these people are okay with such a ridiculous proposal. Did she OP ever say she hates her BF for not getting her a million dollar ring? No, so stop being such judgmental assholes and die in a fire.

No but what people are saying is that its sweet and not an FML at all. "Just 'cause you'll never get proposed to doesn't mean you can't have some standards." FYI I've been proposed to twice and turned both down. Its not about the proposal its about the person. If you truly love someone then it doesn't matter how they ask does it?

If they have respect for you, yes, it does matter sometimes. For some people it matters a whole lot. There's nothing wrong giving them what they want. There's nothing wrong with someone caring about how you feel about a certain situation. It's not selfish to want some things in life. Some people are big on the proposal thing, and there's nothing wrong with that. And also, proposing online is completely unromantic and unclassy. It takes zero effort. Also, it's cowardly not to do it face to face. And people ARE saying she's a selfish bitch. It is an FML. I'd say FML if my boyfriend didn't care enough to ask me to my face. It does sound like the male is very young. Though we don't know how old they are, it would DEFINITELY make it an FML if they are over 20. Who proposed to you hm? Your online bfs?

paper_flowers 0

Aw, people are being mean and insensitive. What girl would not hope for a down-on-one knee proposal? I'm sure it was a huge shock to her. It's not like she even expects an expensive night out, sort of thing. Even if they were out at the park or something, he could have proposed, and it would have been much more romantic...and much easier to take seriously. It's cute, but...for a proposal? Maybe to ask someone out, I guess, but to propose, I would hope for something a bit...more. Now you can expect a real ring from him, because otherwise how will you make it public??

is he going to do that over mafia wars too?

jewelzgalore 0
BubblesB123 0

I'm not even going to vote on this one. I think what he did was sweet.

another repeat. and thats weird. is he too poor to just tell u that he loves u or something?