By Anonymous - 17/07/2009 12:56 - United States

Today, I received a "diamond ring" in Mafia Wars (a facebook app) from my boyfriend of 3 years. Along with the ring came a message. It read, "Will you marry me?" He was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 450
You deserved it 9 969

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Isn't that a good thing? I mean, yeah it's not an expensive restaurant and real ring ... but I think it's sweet and almost romantic. :)

Don't post a FML because you are sad you didn't get some multi-thousand dollar ring. He could've given you nothing, like some people on here get. lol

Comments

AHAH ! I am on mafia too ! Ahaha what a grreeat idea !! I love this game , you are lucky girl! And its not bad , he'll give you a real ring soon im sure ! I hope taht u said yes dah!

zoombabwee 0

if you really loved him it wouldn't matter how he proposed. It wasn't like he was drunk or anything.

seb12992 0

I hope your boyfriend proposes to you with a ring pop.

lmmmr 0

That's bullshit. I don't care if there is a diamond ring and a fancy restaurant or a ringpop and tv dinner on the couch, but both parties had damn well better be present. Facebook has no place in major life decisions!

Not drunk?! Is this the low standards a woman should strive for? At least he wasn't drunk? You have got to be kidding me. What a good man, since he's not drunk when he asks the most important question of his life, he's clearly done all he can to make her feel special. He's sober, what more could she want? I way prefer the ring pop story to this one... because dude was actually there in person!

at least when he is drunk he is present over face book you dont exactly have a memory to share with another human being

Wintersun 0

Wow. I can't decide if that was romance or laziness. I always think of a proposal as a story you would like to tell your children about, eventually. And this one would sound pretty lame. "Well... I sent her an imaginary ring on the Internet with a note attached." versus "I got this beautiful diamond ring and [romantic story which they both look back on fondly insues]." FYL because you didn't enjoy your proposal.

gRkShOrTiEe4LiFe 0

ok.....get ur self 2gether...ur bf is sweet and ur lucky enough 2 even get proposed 2...so he got a little creative..........if u dont appreciate that he luvs u u dont deserve 2 get proposed 2

kristen94 0
Wittlestalker 0

If my boyfriend proposed to me online I would dump him. =__= It's not the money or the lack of an amazing proposal you idiots, it's that he did it online.

TiffJ16 0

No dude, I would be livid. When you picture your engagement, you tend to picture your hubby bending down on one knee, then being able to hug him, and cry and kiss him, so he can see your genuine excitement and happiness, im sure it wasnt the ring that upset her, it was the fact that he did it through text on a computer.