By Miss_Kat - 29/08/2019 00:01

Today, I received a two-page letter/rant from my boss notifying me of my imminent dismissal, based on issues such as me "speaking in a suppressed voice." FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 508
You deserved it 137

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yea, being subjected to unwarranted verbal rants by an unfair boss would make me reluctant to speak up, too. Is there somebody that you can appeal to? HR? His boss? Good luck, OP! No (bad) job is ever worth risking your health & sanity long-term + you might next land a job at a much better place.

Comments

Mathalamus 24

Usually means the OP is too quiet. Or has some really obvious suppressed rage. The former is likely.

EmDizzle2007 28

Yea, being subjected to unwarranted verbal rants by an unfair boss would make me reluctant to speak up, too. Is there somebody that you can appeal to? HR? His boss? Good luck, OP! No (bad) job is ever worth risking your health & sanity long-term + you might next land a job at a much better place.

Two pages stating you're fired and for a single issue? Take that to HR or someone above the boss because his ass is why good companies lose great talent.

Yeah, I would not want that guy as my boss.

What are the other issues? Do you microwave fish? Never wash the coffee pot because you bring your own coffee? Have some kind of verbal tic, like saying "actually" every five seconds? Dress in brown with a khaki tie? Act like Dwight Schrute? Look like Dwight Schrute? Anyway, you might want to take karate classes. Karate classes are great to help you increase your self-confidence, which will allow you to stop talking in a suppressed voice and start talking in a too-loud booming voice instead. Just like your boss! Other things that might help; ditching the French lessons for German lessons, giving your daschund to ASPCA and buying a more manly dog instead (like a German shepherd), giving yourself a cool nickname, learning to ride a motorcycle and going for joy rides at night with your fellow karate class students.

I’d call that exhibit A for the wrongful dismissal lawsuit. Seriously, he just gave you two pages of ammunition to sue, especially if it’s a rant, so it’s likely not been policed or passed by legal or HR. (In fact I doubt they’d have either in a company if they allow dismissals like that.)