By facepalm - 14/06/2011 08:30 - United States

Today, I really had to go to the bathroom. Due to my fear of public restrooms, I made sure it was clear before I started. I heard someone sigh halfway through. Embarrassed, I waited a full ten minutes before leaving the stall, only to see that it was only the automatic air freshener. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 964
You deserved it 35 780

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iAmScrubs 19

I've seen the same thing before in Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Except, in that case, the air freshener was carrying a chainsaw and it was chopping everyone's heads off. OP, you were right to wait inside the stall. Air Fresheners are very dangerous.

adropofpeace 8

My sympathies are with you. However it still makes me laugh that you'd sit there for 10 minutes without leaving.

Comments

The people that would be in the restroom wouldn't care about you going to the bathroom... I mean they are in there taking care of the same business.

All I could get was that you are scared of portapotties(sp?)... Everyone should fear those. They can flip over! o.o

fadingfaith 4

I hate portapotties they are the worst of public restrooms. They smell so terrible, but I never thought they could flip over... Now that would be the scariest shit ever.

XXizzlerXX 0

Portapotties are gross! they never clean the insides! .. one time I was in a portapottie and I saw a frog an a hive in it :0

spratting? is that like spray-********??

wow... all the crap in the world and your afraid of making doo doo in public. fyl

Imrussian24 2

I have the same fear. well it's not that I am afraid of them, more that I just can't pee in public restrooms unless I absolutely have to. I get nervous :( so I feel ya OP.

i have the same problem. lol i need an empty bathroom to pee.

To pee? I knew that a lot of people, myself included, have it difficult to take a shit in a public restroom, but peeing, that's new.

fadingfaith 4

I used to be like this, but now I can pee with people there 'cause I know they're doing the same thing. I won't do number 2 in a public bathroom. It just seems wrong....

ambermary101 6

How does a dryer in the bathroom sound like a person sighing..

txgirl2013 14

.....it was an air freshener... you know that thing that attempts to make the air smell good?

Some of the automated ones emit small sprays every half hour or so. That small spray does sound like someone breathing out. I think the OP meant that kind of sigh, not the heavy sigh that people make when their sad.

perdix 29

I know that feeling. The first time I was in a bathroom with that automatic air freshener, I thought some dude in one of the other stalls was jerking off!

An air freshener sounds like a person sighing?

perdix 29

Yeah, it does. It's creepy.

haileerenee14 4

that's what I said! it makes a squirting noise! unless you guys squirt when you sigh...

The one at my workplace sounds like a robot sneezing.

ambermary101 6

no offense, but your profile pic looks like a jacked version of Justin bieber..

Next time you think that someone heard you pee/defecate, just own it. Walk out of that stall like a supermodel. It's a bathroom, after all; every pees and poos.

bengermin 5

You're gorgeous, in case you didn't know. Also, OP, just wear adult diapers. Then no one has to know, and you can avoid public bathrooms altogether, haha.

OMG everybody does? No way! I must research this. I would have never guessed!