By Anonymous - 12/11/2009 11:17 - Australia

Today, I realized that I hadn't shaved in so long that when the wind blew, the hairs on my legs moved in the breeze. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 854
You deserved it 49 454

Same thing different taste

Top comments

itsalwaysfunny 0

Sooo... why don't you shave? I'm sorry, how is this an FML?

Christ, it has nothing to do with hygiene -- it's cultural norms. Men don't shave their legs, and it's not unhygienic. What are you, twelve?

Comments

Men don't have to shave every day, so why should women feel pressured to? Sucks if you ask me. We have to preen ourselves for "them" whilst they can walk around looking pretty rugged and get away with it because it's not the social norm for men to look shiny and clean all the time. Oh but this isn't a FYL. Just go shave them if you're that bothered.

"...and get away with it" nobody will sue you for not looking your best you dont "have" to do anything to yourself

it sounded lik you were complaining that men dont shave their legs and you do =P

around_the_world 0

Guyz, it's not gross. Society just deems it gross. Totally nothing wrong with having hair on your legs. It's natural. I shave mine but it's such a hassle. And I don't shave in the ******* winter. So there, an excuse. Just let her do whatever she wants with them.

Godless50 0

that is damn nasty. you just ruined my day with that image

SmittyJA24 26

I guess it's the norm in Europe for women to let the leg hair grow. It's certainly the norm in USA / Canada for women to shave their legs. We're learning something new about our Aussie women, aren't we? (FWIW, I'm an American guy, & I prefer my woman shaved all over.)

and you base that on WHAT? -.- none of the girls i know have hairy legs. none. and i highly doubt that it's considered "better" to NOT shave your legs in the rest of europe -_-

"all over"? And you have been a paedophilic weirdo for how long exactly?

*facepalm* Liking women who shave is not pedophillic.

But it is misogynistic and generally gross.

How is it misogynistic to prefer girls that shave? It's one thing if you're being rude or demanding someone to shave, but what's wrong with having a certain preference?

It's the norm in Australia to shave. However, there's always people in every country who do what they want and not just what everyone else does.

The type of guy who prefers shaved girls are the guys whose main (only?) experience with women is through ****. They're disgusted by actual females because they have no idea what they're really like.

Twitch04 0

You're ******* stupid. People like what they like because they like what they like, not because of ****. That's a stupid ******* excuse. You're assuming that every guy is obsessed with ****, which they aren't. It's a preference. Don't get all offended because of OUR preference.

sesquipedalian44 0

Im sorry how is this an FMl? wax it instead it'll be gone longer...

um, hears a solution- SHAVE and where pants cuz u dont wanna be showing off ur hairy legs to the world

I'm used to people messing up the "your"s and "there"s, but "hear" and "here" and "where" and "wear"? You have got to be kidding.

dimension516 0

Nobody forces women to shave their legs, they do it on their own. Just don't be surprised when 95% of the guys are ******* disgusted by your hairy legs. I know I am.

Yea, no pressure on women to shave at all there....

#27, you're right. only in America do women shave their legs. but honestly, you're part of soceity too and if soceity has it's cultural norms, guess who follows them cause their a part of soceity? you can complain as much as you want, but in the end, you're still going to shave your legs

i really, really hope you're being sarcastic. otherwise, i think i might kick your ass, since you spelled society wrong too. ^_^