By Larentiah - 26/02/2012 22:18 - United States

Today, I realized how bad my feelings of inadequacy compared to other women and jealousy are when I started thumbing down songs on Pandora simply because the cover art had a better looking woman than me on it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 664
You deserved it 31 523

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow. its okay, just listen to some justin bieber...

Sounds like you should seek some sort of counseling.

Comments

you're comparing yourself to literally less one percent of the population - one percent that actually make it into the entertainment business that is. focus on your admirable qualities . you have em :) we all do

lizard399 0

You really should stop comparing yourself to everyone else. Even if someone is prettier than you, it shouldn't matter because they could have some major personality flaw, or not. Either way you are who you are and can't change that. Accept it and love yourself instead of making yourself miserable forever by focusing on the flaws you have.

It's pretty hard to think that when people look at you in disgust unless your hair is straight.

lizard399 0

It's unrealistic to think that. The chick that has the straight hair and the make up piled on looks just as plain without it, if not worse because it has ruined her hair/skin. And honestly, the people that give dirty looks will do it anyways, if not for one thing then for another. People move on so quickly anyways though, when someone judges you it's for how long? 30 seconds when you pass by and then they never think of you again. Nobody really cares, only you do.

Except that's the point. It's just like a demon in your head telling you to hate how you look, the more you try to accept how beautiful you are.. the more it gets worse. You want to ignore it, but it just keeps coming back telling you that you should hate yourself.

lizard399 0

Sometimes if you want to do something, you just have to do it. You can make as many excuses as you want but it's easy to replace bad thoughts with good ones after you start doing it. I'm not saying stare at yourself in the mirror and list what you like about yourself like some sort of lame self help exercise (unless that works for you). I think some people would feel a lot better if they focused on simple things and just take a minute to be grateful or to just relax and not think too much. Read a book, play a video game or something.

yeah, I use to many excuses. which is pretty sad.. But thank you for trying to help anyone's self esteem on here. it's true, lots of girls and guys just feel like they have to look gorgeous to get through life. Actually, I've been going to the library very often.. books are great for your mind. just relaxes you and takes you to another world through your mind. (well for me).

bettyc4 26

People like you are the reason some of my friends get their ass beat. So someone is more attractive then you who cares probably you only think that. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder ya nut

What? Who gets their ass beat over that?

Prissy ass bitches in high school is my opinion

You should listen to "Your Beautiful"....but Christina is considered pretty so you might not be able to :/

dabomb1463 0

Here's a thought everyone is beautiful in there on way

desireev 17

Sweetie, you could be the most beautiful girl ever, but, with a personality like that, that makes you dog ugly! Change your outlook on life and make your heart beautiful, and it'll show on the outside. And you'll be as beautiful as the women you're 'thumbing down'. :)

desireev 17

You're welcome darlin'! That's what I'm here for! ;)

XxDancerGirlxX 17

You sound like a whining bitch OP. OT doesn't matter what someone looks like, it's their personality that counts. You are who you are, be happy with yourself.

linkinpark98 23

You don't have to call her a whining bitch.....

You pretty much repeated 50's comment in a harsher way...

Cause they dont understand words, they understand tone. Thats how they learn. Its not like they can bark about what happend last tuesday.

Tez122 6

thats good now time to get over it!

Love yourself, doll! And a woman should have more to offer than just looks.