By Anonymous - 07/07/2009 11:51 - United Kingdom

Today, I queued up for few hours in torrential rain to see the Harry Potter premiere. After just four hours sleep and waking at 3am, I fell asleep during film and missed the whole thing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 820
You deserved it 63 054

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HOW COULD YOU FALL ASLEEP DURING HARRY POTTER???? thats unacceptable

If you wanted to see it that badly, you should have forced yourself to stay awake

Comments

The goddam movie will not vanish from existance after the premiere, you could have waited and then coosen a more apropriate time to go see it... It's not like it's a good story anyway...

YDI for wanting to watch that shit. FYL for being retarded.

Any idiot is too good for that shitty ass movie anyways. Id reather watch Spongebob.

It's how the British say "Got in line". The poster is from the UK.

WTF?? this is NOT an FML. "Omg, the world is going to end because i missed the Harry Potter marathon." That's really sad. And how old are you??

alliemi 0

It's ridiculous that anyone would say "How old are you?". Harry Potter isn't just for children, even though they're published as "children's books". Many many adults read and love Harry Potter. And the movies are rated PG-13 for a reason. If you've ever read Harry Potter you'd have realized that the books contain some advanced thinking that could only really be appreciated by someone older than five. Harry Potter is great fiction for any age and anyone who claims otherwise clearly hasn't read the books.

um, this must be either really old, or NOT TRUE! The premier isn't even until tonight, and it isn't released until next wednesday.

greenltrn2003 0

shes in the UK...they dont have the same release dates as the US obviously dont downtalk ppl learn something

alliemi 0

1. What the **** does "queued up" mean? 2. Nice try, the movie doesn't even come out for at least a week 3. They'd never show the premiere at 3am, they'd show it at midnight because that's what they do YDI for lying in your FML, dumbshit.

seniorenyore 0

You're retarded. Thats why they said they woke up at 3 am and missed it... because it wasn't on at 3am. So if it was at midnight, and they slept till 3 am...that would mean they missed it. You're really retarded.

alliemi 0

No, YOU'RE really retarded. OP said "I fell asleep during the film" implying that the OP DID make it to the movie. The movie WOULD start at midnight because they always do, meaning it wouldn't still be playing at 3 am because it's only two and a half hours long. So if the OP did wake up at 3am like you said, then she would've missed it altogether, but she didn't because she explicitly says that she fell asleep during the film. Wow, get your facts straight.

I assumed that the OP had been up since 3 AM (i.e. ~21 hours before going to the premiere) and had only slept four hours prior to waking up.

#53 1. "queued up" means to be in line, it's a UK term, and that is where they're from. 2. if you'd noticed the OP is from the UK (as I've already mentioned), meaning different premiere & release dates 3. they could've not been able to sleep after 3am for certain reasons. 4. chill out and don't assume they're lying because their movies have different release dates than North America.

omgnowayhaha 0

nope, you are still retarded. 1. you are ignorant of other cultures (and it's really not a hard thing to even guess what the word means if you use context clues) 2. again, you are retarded. just because it doesn't come out where you are for another week doesn't mean that it's not out in other countries (gee, there's an idea, open the movie where the books got started) 3. if you knew how to read a sentence properly you would see that the OP woke up at slept for only 4 hours the previous night, woke up at 3 am, then spent the entire day awake (any one would be tired from staying awake that long) see? you are retarded. congratulations dumb ****.

alliemi 0

1. I didn't know what "queued up" meant, that's why I ASKED. Not knowing what "queued up" mean makes me ignorant towards the entire culture of the UK? Really? Even so, it's not like I'm purposely ignoring the learning of these things. As I live in the US, slang used in the UK isn't something I would ever come across. 2. ... 3. But I thought "they woke up at 3 am and missed it"? Isn't that what you said before? Hmm. Now you're just saying that because another poster suggested that that's what it might be. The OP's meaning is vague but what you said in your first post is still flat-out wrong and not possible, just admit it. ∴ you are the retarded one. :) have a nice day

alliemi 0

2. See poster #81 please 3. Nvm, that was directed at the first person who posted under me, I thought you were one in the same.

You're still an idiot. "Queued up" is not that obscure of an expression. Even most Americans know what it means (I certainly do). Context clues anyone?? I also had the thought "but the movie's not out yet" when I read it. Then I noticed that the person was from the UK and my brain (that thing you don't possess) kinda made the connection.

carolizzle712 0

why didn't you just google "queued up"? and why so distrusting? you seem awfully quick to declare that harry potter hasn't come out yet, when dozens of other comments explained that it's out in the uk. your stupidity amazes me.

alliemi 0
paks7 0

god damn i hate being judged for being american because of dumb ***** like you and how stupid are you really? -queued up may be a european english expression, but the word queue does exist in the american english vocabulary...

"Queued up" isn't slang, it's proper English. If you look at the origins of the language it comes from Britain, just like if you look at the origins of Harry Potter. There are compiled lists of all the words change in Harry Potter between the British and American versions - that is why I am glad I am in Canada and get the originals...

queued up.. isn't it just from the french expression : faire la queue.. and english people took that expression and now say to queued up?... are you sure it's brittish.. it's more french to me

omgnowayhaha 0

to 181... You were a ******* moron for ***** and giggles and yet you fought tooth and nail (and failed) to prove that everyone else was retarded? Do the world a favor and jump off a cliff. We don't need people like you.

Harry Potter is a wizard, gay enough?

your name is a body part on the roof of the mouth that resembles an upside-down penis. gay enough? see what happens when we take the immature road?

omgnowayhaha 0

its not out where you are yet moron

omgnowayhaha 0

sry this was supposed to be a reply to someone else, not to the OP

derekjeter92 0

YDI for not being able to create grammatically correct sentences. Dumb ass.