By Anonymous - 07/07/2009 11:51 - United Kingdom

Today, I queued up for few hours in torrential rain to see the Harry Potter premiere. After just four hours sleep and waking at 3am, I fell asleep during film and missed the whole thing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 820
You deserved it 63 054

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HOW COULD YOU FALL ASLEEP DURING HARRY POTTER???? thats unacceptable

If you wanted to see it that badly, you should have forced yourself to stay awake

Comments

idontgiveone 0

Did you do that so you can say that "I was right there on the premier!" BOO-HOO. YDI.

You didn't miss anything. Dumbledore gets killed. . . oops. . . should I have said "Spoiler Alert?" Harry Potter movies shouldn't even exist. The books are magnificent and have done an amazing job to turn kids on to reading (and have been widely enjoyed by adults, too.) The movies are for illiterate assholes. There are plenty of magical, fantasy plotlines out there, the movie makers ought to have left Harry Potter alone. I rue the day when "A Confederacy of Dunces" gets made into a movie. The book is just so wonderful that a movie will undoubtedly ruin it!

It's not true, mate. Although I agree that movies do wrose than the books, some people think the movies themselves are actually better. I never had the time to read Harry Potter books so instead I keep myself knowledgable of what happened by just staring at a screen for 2 hours to get the jist of it. I'm not illiterate, back when I was young I was reading books like "The Metamorphosis" and "War and Peace" each day. Now I simply do not have time to read.

Monado, MAKE the time to read the Harry Potter books! I started to read them just to see if they'd be appropriate for my daughter and then I really got into them! I saw the first movie or two, and I haven't bothered with the rest since they barely scratch the surface of what's in the books. I don't know what takes up all of your time, but do yourself a favor and blow off or neglect some of those other time-wasters to read the books. You won't regret it.

delfinofrank 0

The 5th movie was pretty good.

lmmmr 0

I agree with Plexico. You don't have the time to read, but you have the time to post on FML? Do yourself a favor and reorganize your priorities. Reading would be a much more valuable use of your time. Someone who read Kafka and Tolstoy as a kid should know that. Seriously, the movies are crap compared to the books. You're doing yourself a huge injustice.

33 - If you wanted to read the books you could get through about half of the shorter ones in two hours. Further, probably, if you're up to Tolstoy and company. And it's more rewarding than staring at a screen.

I doesn't come out till next week in the US.

She's from the, Uk. Although the premire doesn't come out tonight, they get to view the premire earlier than the US.

AnnieLennox1954 0

PUSSY! Wahh wahh, four hours of sleep! I was lucky to get four hours a night during the school year, sometimes I got no sleep at all between days. String up a sack, man! YDI!

omgnowayhaha 0

so you don't sleep during school time? that makes you a dumb ****. obviously you cant manage your time and have no use in the real world so stop going to school. you are pathetic.

alliemi 0

AnnieLennox isn't a dumbfuck because she values her education over a few hours of sleep. Ever wonder how people excel in high school, college, work and life? That's how. It's clear that you didn't know that. People have a lot to do in school, in college and at work...poor time management doesn't always account for a lack of sleep. "No use in the real world" is probably the last thing i'd ever attribute that to.

Yeah, seriously, not sleeping much when you're a student doesn't mean you can't manage your time, it means that you have more important things to do. I can remember a week in HS where I was tech director for a play, tech week, midterms... Think 18+ hours a day in school, including weekends, not including homework. The play was awesome, I got straight As on my midterms, and it was fun as hell. But I got less than 12 hours of sleep that week. Sleep isn't the most important thing in the world!

omgnowayhaha 0

I had a 3.998 on a 4.0 scale in one of the most competitive schools in nation. I also had a job and did school sports and school clubs. I excelled in school but I put my health before education. You don't have to make yourself sick just to excel you clueless ******. It's clear that I have more experience with time management then you do. You cannot function as a normal human being (and benefit society) if you do not get enough sleep. Why do you think so many people take pills to sleep? BECAUSE IT IS VITAL. It's different, however, when you have something that actually takes up time (like practice or work). Homework and studying really do not take that much time if you do it correctly and MANAGE YOUR TIME.

babybarb 0

Are you kidding me? Who the hell would fall asleep for the premiere of a Harry Potter movie? YDI, FAKE ASS FAN

ithedarkknight 0

WTF YOU FELL ASLEEP DURING HARRY POTTER ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!! HARRY POTTER OWNS! im disappointed your an embarrasment im so ashamed of you gooo away wingardium leviosa to you buddy!

Are you seriously trying to impress the users of FML by telling them what pretentious books you've read? Good God man, grow up!

what if it was for a previous harry potter movie but she said "today" because she had to?

Your life was f***ed when you decided it would be a good idea to see Harry Potter, unless of course your twelve.

alliemi 0

And you used the wrong form of your/you're. you should have said "Unless of course you'RE twelve". You can't own twelve. Most twelve-year-olds have these basic grammar skills, balls, and more!

AAAAHHHH12 2
carolizzle712 0

funny, it seems like only a twelve year old would write "f***ed" because they were too scared to write "******".

meh its harry potter who cares amiright, if you fell asleep during it, it couldn't have been that good regardless of how late/how long you slept for. ydi