By Username - 13/02/2011 21:06 - United States

Today, I put up an ad on Craig's List to find a best friend. I don't know what's more pathetic: looking for a best friend online, or the ad being removed almost instantly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 684
You deserved it 31 093

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Looking for a best friend online isn't necessarily pathetic, but it is if you're looking for one on Craigslist. YDI.

Sargasm 4

What a coincidence, I put up my friendship for sale on Craigslist (mint condition!) and the ad was also removed instantly. You know what that means... WE'RE MEANT TO BE BESTIES!

Comments

Why would they delete that? They kept my ad for a tennis partner.

PmbnsangCallBoy 0

shut the comp off and go outside? seriously theres a lotta ways to meet new people, brotha..

Taciturnbadger 0

Ummm... Sorry, but that sounds pathetic and desperate. If I came across an ad saying that, I would never click on it for fear of having a stalker forever. Ohhh, wait, that'd be you, wouldn't it? My bad. Not.

I met my best friend on Craigslist, so ignore all the naysayers. People act like the "normal" ways of achieving best friendship are the only ways, and they are not. Internet friendship is definitely possible, with the people who don't cling to the false belief that "going outside" or "joining clubs/boards" or whatever similar friendship "advice" is the only thing. There is a such thing as a social outcast/reject, and it's perfectly understandable to seek friendship on Craigslist when the people in your area refuse you (which is what happened to me). As for "time" nurturing a best friendship, that is, again, false. It can happen on a handshake and a hug. :)

llZombiell 5

:D Hello there my new best friend

LoonyPheebs 0

Definitely looking foe a best friend online. Get out and meet people :)

LoonyPheebs 0

for* and I'd like to clarify that finding a best friend online isn't pathetic. Removal of an ad isn't pathetic at all, though. That's bad luck (:

lil_lala209 5
tmmundy 17

Did you not watch "The Craig's Lists Killer" that aired in Jan 2011? duh. of course they deleted it immediately. Let's focus a little op.

tmmundy 17

I've made friends on the internet before, simply because: A) all of my friends have moved 150-200 miles away, B) I've finished school, so I have no chance to make school friends, and C) I'm currently unemployed, so no chance to make work friends either. So if you don't have any place to make friends, it makes sense for the situation at the time.

Oh, I've made friends on the internet too. There's nothing wrong with making friends on the internet, it's almost inevitable when you're a regular poster on a forum. But posting an advertisement on Craigslist is just not the way to do it.