By WhoopteeDooDoo - 12/10/2011 22:47 - United States

Today, I pulled into the gas station to fill up only to realize I had forgot my wallet. By the time I went home, got it, and came back, the price had gone up eleven cents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 301
You deserved it 4 969

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm gonna go down on you And your gonna love it But then I'm gonna come back up And **** you crazy Lots of love, Gas prices xxxxx

gpd_deputy_1 6

Well, that's the United States for ya. I bet if you went back after writing this FML, you would find that the price increased once more. Or twice more. Who knows?

Comments

mad_hatter0666 22

It didn't change in a matter of minutes. The prices changed either the night before or first thing in the morning. It's just that the sign hadn't been changed yet. You would have been paying for the new price even if it hadn't been updated on the sign. I used to work in a gas station. But an 11 cent increase does still suck regardless, fyl.

stacianichole 2

I used to work at a gas station too, and when we got a call for price changes on gas, it happened right then no matter the time of day. And if prices went up, the sign changed before the price at the pump. How many people would demand the lower price on the sign?

doesn't always change exclusively between shifts - i was actually in line at the pumps when the price jumped (.25/litre). man were the folks behind me pissed... i was the last in line on my side to get the old, cheaper price of 1.05/litre. (and to those of you confused, i'm in canada, where gas is priced by the litre, little more than 4 litres/gallon. thus, at our current west coast price of 1.50 per, you'd find a touch over 6 for regular)

NickUSMC0311 2

Cool story bro now make me a sandwitch

wow im paying 11 cents more for a tank of petrol :O oh my goodness

11 cents per gallon/litre. Not 11 cents total.

11 cents per IS a lot of money fukwad.

I'm sure the whole dollar extra it cost you was really "FML" worthy.

I wish it was 3.09 over here, lowest I've seen by me is 3.48 :(

stacianichole 2

On a 15 gallon tank, that's a difference of a WHOPPING $1.65...

My car holds 19 gallons, that's 2.09 for a full tank. I fill up 3 times a pay. That's an average of 150.00 difference over a year driving 30k plus miles. which is less than .003% of annual salary. So I don't care really which station I stop at, not worth my time or extra driving.