By got any coupons? - 23/12/2014 15:24 - United States

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend of six years. She got mad at me, saying she is too young to get married and that I was trying to ruin her career. She is 32 and works part-time at a grocery store. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 970
You deserved it 3 406

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sounds like a bad excuse. Maybe she's just not ready for that kind of commitment yet. It IS a pretty big deal. Hope you're both okay and that it won't ruin the relationship :)

Sounds like a textbook rejection excuse if you ask me. You may want to rethink wanting to be with someone that can't even be honest with why she doesn't want marriage.

Comments

I'm curious how long OP has actually been dating her. In some cases people want a few yrs before that type of commitment

Did you actually read the post? Especially the part where he says "my girlfriend of SIX YEARS"?

"What career, bitch? You bag groceries for a living, shut the hell up." Im sorry, that sounded rude, but that was how i portrayed a possible scenario of you flipping out at a poor excuse. *gets down voted to hell*

Totally. Love is great, but if you're a halfway ambitious person, marrying someone like that is the road to a life of disappointment.

She is missing out, it's time to move on.

Probably shouldn't be proposing to someone whose life is such a shambles anyway. Probably good for you that she said no even if you don't realize that now.

ladyg228 15

And your with this chick? On to the next!

TwinkyRocket420 6
Xobubblyxo 23

Or she's also a part-time secret agent...

That must be an excuse or she is delusional about her career?