By explosivepeach - 30/05/2015 01:34 - United States - Silver Spring

Today, on my second day as a lifeguard, I locked myself out of the pool. My angry guests and I had to wait for 45 minutes for my manager to arrive and unlock the gate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 614
You deserved it 5 905

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Steve95401 49

Did you get to have a third day on the job?

The key to these things is to stay optimistic... And maybe attach the key to your person from now on.

Comments

sonasonic 34

OP's self-confidence apparently sunk like a rock right about then.

Shouldn't you be carrying your own key set?

What I was thinking. And if it's second day on the job, why is he working by himself? Usually for any job, someone is with you for the first few days right?

I'm a lifeguard and we don't have our own set of keys, there is a lockbox with the keys in it and we have the code to the box. Although, I don't know why he was by himself, we always have two lifeguards at a time at the pools.

You were the one who needed saving here, from your angry customers

Should have used that time to practice "saving" all the cute girls/guys in the group. Nothing beats practical application of lifesaving techniques.

"Emergancy mouth to mouth resuscitation drill." "Pretty lady in the back there , please come forward and let me out some life into you." Not sure it would go over well but I guess you never know .

I used to have a fake MedicAlert style ID bracelet that read 'REQUIRES FREQUENT MOUTH TO GENITAL RESUSCITATION'. I never quite had the nerve to go fall down and start convulsing at the nursing school though.

cooltatgar 31

"Beloved guests, this is to announce that you've jyst won an extra 45mins of swimming time ... for free"

Did you thank your manager and tell her she was a life saver?

Stay optimistic OP. It's only the second day

lexiieeex3 32

Why would you comment two completely different things on the same post...

Trying to get likes now after clearly failing to impress with the first comment.

So one can comment more then once now ? Calling someone pathetic because they post their opinion or ideas instead of coming up with an original and meaningful comment is redundant in my most humble of opinions . It's ops fault for locking themselves out , but accidents happen to everyone. That awkward moment were you are stuck in front of a group of people with no good news to deliver and the centre of attention on you sucks.

I commented both comments before the dislikes. Plus the first comment was clearly a joke but let's just forget about it

You say that but have multiple posts of your own here...

The key to these things is to stay optimistic... And maybe attach the key to your person from now on.

Steve95401 49

Did you get to have a third day on the job?