By 303 - 05/07/2012 20:24 - United States - Houston

Today, I picked up my car from the repair shop, drove two miles, and ran out of gas. I then walked to get gas, put a gallon of gas in the car, and tried to start it. The battery was too weak to start the car, and died on the spot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 862
You deserved it 2 662

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Times like this make me glad AAA exists.

Perhaps an investment in jumper cables would be more ideal.

Comments

What exactly would he sue for? It isn't the responsibility of the shop to make sure his gas is at an adequate level. As for the battery, that's just bad timing.

I sued Toys R Us, cause I swallow a nerfball and nearly choked to death! I sued Petco, cause I ate a bag kitty litter, and now I have bad breath! That's how valid this is.

BunchieRules 31

Why would OP sue? These things run out over time. It is neither OP or the mechanic's fault that the battery chose that exact time to die. 28 - I love that song. It serves as a reminder of some the most ridiculous things people will sue for.

It's America. Suing is practically our second nature.

BubbleGrunge 18

If all those problems should have been fixed or were caused by the repair shop, looks like you'll be getting your car fixed again for free. Also, while you're at it let them tow your car as well as provide some transportation for you if you are going to be without a car for a length of time.

TheDrifter 23

Out of gas is not their problem and if the battery and alternator were not on the ops requested repair list neither are they.

BubbleGrunge 18

53 you are correct but if you read I stated that IF whatever broke was something that should have been fixed than...

I guess they don't call them idiot gauges for nothing. No sympathy for someone who can't tell they are about out of gas.

Some of those gauges don't work very well, even on a new car I question their accuracy at times.

Herculesninja27 5

Damnn sonn!!! haha some luck you got there!

#6 #12 #14 don't talk about heat in Texas or how bad you have it. I'm in AZ where in summer we're lucky if it's under 110 for the entire summer.

Michele2luv 8

What did they do?? Looked at your car and said "Yep, that a piece of shit." and then sent you on your way? Yeah, FYL for sure. = I hate car trouble

TheVelocirabbit 10

This is not a social network.

It's not? Damn, I just PM'd Sirin about some Dane Cook fan sites and just posted a few comments about my life, my relationship, interests and me taking a shit. And I also posted a few pictures of me duck-facing. WHY HAS NO ONE TOLD ME THIS. You people suck!!1!!1!1!

porcupineattack1 5

Get a refund from those ******* at the car place!