By anonymous - 18/07/2013 13:53 - United States - Woburn

Today, I overheard my ripped, handsome, genetically perfect brother telling my mom how "fat people" make him "nervous". I have only recently accepted my weight, after struggling for years. I now understand why my brother rarely talks to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 407
You deserved it 6 894

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flashback.miss 28

don't let your brother get you down, OP. if you want to lose weight, do so for you.

I think you should approach him and ask him about his reasons for avoiding you. Don't assume it is because of your weight. You might be mistaken, and it could make you more insecure about your body.

Comments

lol lOl .. GO SIT ON HIM !! and be like HOW DO YOU FEEL NOW ?!

This probably happened to him as a kid. Which is why fatties make him nervous.

I'm a personal trainer man and the important thing is to just be happy with yourself. I'm 100% positive your brother has just as many insecurities as you do

Sounds like your brother is a jerk if he doesn't talk to you and he needs some therapy so I'd say he's not nearly as perfect as you say.

I'm fat and my brother is skinny. he calls me "fat" all the time. eventually, my whole family affectionately started calling me "fat girl" or "chubs." I didn't like it at first, but I didn't like myself either. I struggled a lot with my weight and I self harmed for a little bit. but I started eating a little bit better and walking more. I lost some significant weight. I'm satisfied with how I look, but I'm stills sure people probably consider me "fat." but I think I'm okay looking and now when my family calls me "chubs," it doesn't hurt my feelings. At the end of the day, "fat" is a word, not a feeling. Love who you are OP. if fat people make your brother so "uncomfortable," maybe he should seek therapy or else he's in for a rough life because bigger people are everywhere. There's nothing wrong with looking different. As long as you feel happy and confident and your doctor says you're healthy, no one can say anything to tear you down. :)

As I see it that's his issue to overcome, not yours. If you're healthy and happy about your weight than don't sweat it! And if not start working towards a happier you! Your brother needs to figure out some things for himself as well, and decide if he's going to let this get in the way of talking to family. Good luck OP!

Ummm ouch?! That's harsh on your brother's behalf

courtjester86 8

You shouldn't accept your weight, it's healthy yet not. I did the same, but this lowers your standards for yourself, if are to do that, what else are to to just " accept". I now work out and have high standards for more of everything