By anonymous - 18/07/2013 13:53 - United States - Woburn

Today, I overheard my ripped, handsome, genetically perfect brother telling my mom how "fat people" make him "nervous". I have only recently accepted my weight, after struggling for years. I now understand why my brother rarely talks to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 407
You deserved it 6 894

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flashback.miss 28

don't let your brother get you down, OP. if you want to lose weight, do so for you.

I think you should approach him and ask him about his reasons for avoiding you. Don't assume it is because of your weight. You might be mistaken, and it could make you more insecure about your body.

Comments

For all the assholes in the comments that are saying, "Do not accept being fat" or "You shouldn't accept your weight." You're telling him not to come to be content with who he is. If he does not feel like he can lose the weight, or he just wants to enjoy life, LET HIM. It is HIS choice and he's made it. If you feel that being overweight is unhealthy and he shouldn't accept himself, he should try and change, go **** yourself, because if he spends his life trying to achieve "society's" image of what he should look like, then that's not a great life. If he decides that he doesn't want to be in top physical health, because he wants to enjoy that twinkie or eat that pizza slice , then he can choose that. Living a life depriving yourself isn't living a life, if you are a type of person that doesn't enjoy that, it's just going through the motions of life. I'm not saying you should eat shit for the rest of your life, because then your life won't be that long, but don't deprive yourself of treats or lazing about and watching some television. ESPECIALLY if that is what you enjoy. Have fun in life, it's only 70-80 years, typically, if you don't take off for work and school you have to do.

@122 Would be a shame to be fat and lying on the couch for all those years instead of getting fit, going out with friends and hooking up with girls and living life..

I would have turned around, looked him straight in the eye, and said "skinny people make me hungry." Then walked away. Love yourself mate, loose weight if you want to, and never forget that it's the consideration of others which makes for happiness.

Ripped and perfect... And scared of... Fat people? Sounds like your bro has more issues than meets the eyes....

Honestly, if you were that upset about your weight for that long, then you should've taken thirty minutes to exercise daily. It's still not too late. Take a brisk walk or jog in the park everyday. Cut out all fast food, and replace it with protein and unsaturated fats. Eat more fruits, and eat only when you're hungry. Set a limit to how long you sit and watch TV everyday.

They make me nervous to, it's unhealthy and scary if you know how bad it is to be overweight. I find chubby sexy so no hate for the physical appearance side of it.

How about instead of learning to accept the weight get up and go exercise. I've recently started gaining weight so I cut back my eating and started exercising. Either just be comfortable with your weight or change it. But you can't want to change it and accept it. Because once you accept it why change?

Honestly, being freakishly skinny might look good, but it really does so much damage inside. I've been there and i'd prefer being bigger but healthier. And if your bro is acting like a wanker, just eat him.

Don't listen to him everyone is beautiful....besides Hitler