By anonymous - 18/07/2013 13:53 - United States - Woburn

Today, I overheard my ripped, handsome, genetically perfect brother telling my mom how "fat people" make him "nervous". I have only recently accepted my weight, after struggling for years. I now understand why my brother rarely talks to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 407
You deserved it 6 893

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flashback.miss 28

don't let your brother get you down, OP. if you want to lose weight, do so for you.

I think you should approach him and ask him about his reasons for avoiding you. Don't assume it is because of your weight. You might be mistaken, and it could make you more insecure about your body.

Comments

He probably doesn't talk to you cuz he's a douche. And anyone that doesn't meet up to his, I'm sure ridiculously high standards, is nothing to him.

Old people make me nervous, babies also. Sometimes even teens and pre-teens make me nervous. Also people in their 20s and 30s. It's pretty normal.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

So....pretty much everyone makes you nervous? Lol.

#14..so do you ever leave your house?

"Recently accepted my weight". You've done your part, op. Who cares if anyone else accepts it.

CallMeWindSock 24

OP shouldn't accept it if he knows it's a problem. It doesn't matter what his brother says, weight issues will still affect him throughout his life if he doesn't start trying to lose it.

I don't get why all these people call her brother a douche everyone has their phobias and he didnt even say anything mean just admitted that fat people make him nervous.

Yeah, but what is it about fat people that would make him nervous? There is no valid reason. He obviously has issues!

I don't believe that fat people making him nervous is a phobia. It's just his way of looking at things. Phobias are medical conditions fyi

xcam1995 6

That is so not true 26, fat ppl make me nervous too; when i'm at a hot dog eating contest.

32, is that the challenge you're considering? :-)

perdix 29

Sounds like the movie "Twins" where one brother gets all the good genes and the other is made up of the leftover crap. You should sit on your brother until he stops being nervous about talking to you. Desensitization therapy can take a long time, so make sure you have plenty of snacks handy until your brother gets fully cured.

mangoboy1 19

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

as long as OP is healthy, theres no are harm in being contempt with who you are.

mangoboy1 19

I'm happy with where I am now but I won't be satisfied until I'm as big as possible.

Please read my reply to the first comment. You can't tell people things like this.

So because you're insecure and obsessive that means OP should be too?

mangoboy1 19

I'm not insecure and obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated. I am happy and content with how I look but there is always room for improvement. Never aim for mediocre or fat and just say its ok you should just love your body. We should aim to be extremely physically fit and excellent in everything we do.

But setting goals unrealistically high can actually make things worse. A lot of people deny this, but there is a component of genetics in bodybuilding. If you chase after someone who you reach, you end up either giving up or getting jacked-up on steroids. People need to set goals they think they can reach, and if they think they can go further and they have the drive, then they will, Do you really feel that every single man should focus on being a bodybuilder and every woman should look like a supermodel?

perdix 29

I'm really not sure why your brother would be nervous about being around you unless he planned on dating you, or sitting next to you on a long plane flight, or leaving his food unattended. Weird, huh?

I'm not going to call your brother a "douche", but he sounds pretty inconsiderate to me knowing that you have been struggling with your weight. Don't worry about it. I know it hurts but I'm almost willing to bet you have the better personality. Keep on keeping on, you will be just fine.

OP, I recently went through the same thing with my family. Technically, I'm overweight, but I have learned to love me as I am and the only person telling me I'm fat is *surprise* my jerk of a brother who, coincidentally, is pretty much like your brother. I just ignore him because he's obviously immature and has problems of his own if he can't cope around "fat" people.You're beautiful, OP!

39--I know it's just a pic but you don't look "fat" your brother is a mean jerk, you are beautiful and kudos to you for self acceptance. I have had and continue to have many weight issues, I'm 5"3 and 108lbs and I have spent most of my life thinking I'm huge.

Forget him OP! They actually have "adopt a brother" conventions these days. You can find a good brother that accepts you just the way you are!