By oldmama728 - 28/04/2011 11:07

Today, I once again told my son he needed a job and a girlfriend because I simply could not keep him in my house anymore. He yelled, "No, I can do whatever I want!" Then went back to playing video games. He's 38. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 354
You deserved it 46 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cradle6 13

Did you ever think about addressing this problem a little earlier?

YDI for letting it get that far. Just throw his stuff out and change the locks. The guy is 38 for ****'s sake.

Comments

catkat1988 17

You're not really doing him any favours by letting him stay at your place for a lifetime. He needs a wakeup-call. Either tell him he isn't allowed to play video-games in your house (your house, your rules - true, he can do whatever he wants, anywhere else, but not in your house), tell him he needs to pay rent, electricity and food if he wants to stay, or simply tell him he has 2-3 months to move out. And whatever you do, stick to it and enforce it, no matter what he says and does. No one should be allowed to live off their parents until the age of 40.

oakhan34 0

Stepbrothers 2 in the making.

MRSMOJORISIN_fml 0

HAHA.... EVER SEEN THE MOVIE STEP BROTHERS?? lol FYI and his

By 25 he should've has his own place by now. YDI for not addressing this earlier. How old were you when you moved out of your parent's, mid-40s?

YDI for letting him get away with it for so long. Simply telling him every so often that he needs to become a productive member of society obviously isn't working. Grow a set and cut him off. If he's not contributing to your household don't let him reap the benefits. Make him buy his own food, wash his own clothing and dishes, pay rent and part of the other house hold expenses. When he can't pay up kick the bum out. I would also like to know how is he buying video games if he has no job....

Probably the time for being consequent: Tell him to get his ass out of the house. Tell him, he's got 2 month for finding a flat (and if its a 1room flat in a shitty place - if he had a job he could do better) if he hasn't, kick him out anyway. He'll make it one way or the other. If you let him do whatever he wants, then he's technically right so YDI.

ElGranOrgo 0

single mother I bet, therefore she probably felt bad for him or was too busy banging other men to pay any attention to him until now that she's not married to anyone...or vice versa. ydi either way.

RedPillSucks 31

Is that what happened to your mom and you? Cause I can't imagine you think you know enough to generalize/stereotype about a whole lot of people whose circumstance you can't even begin to understand.

ElGranOrgo 0

Nope, my parents bestowed upon me morals, values and integrity and to get a JOB and to live on my own, unlike OP who allowed her baby-child to leech off of her for 38 years.

he's the same age as my dad.......... damn