By Anonymous - 07/04/2014 17:02 - Canada

Today, I noticed something written on the top of my toaster, so I used a finger to clear away some of the crumbs, burning my finger in the process. The writing? "CAUTION: Hot surface!" Thanks, toaster. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 002
You deserved it 48 787

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The company manufacturers did that on purpose. They're laughing at you.

Comments

I just love all the comments pointing out how stupid I am. Also loving the ridiculous assumptions that I did this while the toaster was on.. Or immediately afterwards. It has been a few minutes since the toaster had been on, and I didn't think it would still be hot. But hey, I'm sure all you people calling me stupid have never done anything stupid and later laughed about it.

Seriously, don't post a story to a website about ways people screw up if you don't want everyone pointing out that you screwed up.

So you're one of the idiots that make those warnings necessary in the first place.

Quite disappointed by FML users right now. I've always thought that most of the people on here were fairly good, and not out to tell complete strangers they are "stupid, idiots, retards" or to say such things as "shove a fork in there while you're at it" For your information, I am not stupid or retarded. I'm actually a registered nurse. Thank you to all the helpful advise saying I should have turned it off first. Well, this might shock you, so hold on! It was off. And had been off. And for those of you who have never had an FML confirmed, they edit your story before the publish it. So yes, they took out a few minor details such as that. Perhaps it was so that everyone would basically tell me to go kill myself (fork in toaster) without having all the facts, or maybe it was to shorten it. I don't know. What I do know, is that I'm disgusted with anyone who would tell a stranger to go kill themselves over a simple stupid mistake. I agree I deserve it all the way for touching the toaster. That was the point of me posting it. People make simple absent minded mistakes every day. But that's okay. You all sit up there on those high horses judging complete strangers off of less than 300 characters.

toaster: luv u 2 girl! I will always be there to accidentally burn ur fingers, especially if you're ever drunk. :)

I'm pretty sure "fire" is spelt "toaster". That's why I have a toaster hydrant and I'm a volunteer toaster-fighter.

the_boyo_cgw 10