By Anonymous - 30/10/2012 23:42 - United States - Bowling Green

Today, I met someone really cool and their departing words were, for some odd reason, "We should totally be friends, I mean unless you're schizophrenic or something, haha!" I have schizophrenia. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 124
You deserved it 2 437

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People are so ignorant about mental disorders. They assume that if you have DID, schizophrenia, bi-polar, etc. that you're automatically "Crazy." Sorry to hear that OP. I concur with the odd departing words as well. Who says that? lol

I'm sure he's just making a failed attempt at a joke

Comments

Schizomaniac 24

Take the opportunity to educate this person about your condition. It's very unlikely that they would have made that joke if they actually suspected that you were schizophrenic, so you can cite yourself as an example of how stereotypes about the disease are not always accurate. Many people don't realize that individuals with schizophrenia can live relatively functional and productive lives when the disease is managed.

perdix 29

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Yeah, It would be quite wrong to offend the schizophrenic race!

Indeed. I believe you meant to say 'discriminating'.

Perdix you've reached sarcasm level 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 But come on #30, did you really think he of all people was being...SERIOUS?

perdix 29

#30, yes, I was satirizing people who use "racist" to mean all kinds of "prejudiced."

I'm racist against people who misuse the term "racist".

You mean those meaningful conversations I had with my friends were dreams? Goddammit.

"I'm so happy cause today I found my friends -- they're in my head" ***Don't make the others jealous by making any new friends!

StephenStills 6

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Your name is Cassie and you go to Cinci don't you? lol

What does that word even mean? I dont even know how to pronounce it!

Schyzophrenia is a mental condition. It includes both halves of your brain not to cooperate, resulting in drawing absurd conclusions. A famous example is a case where somebody suffering from schyzophrenia noticed a dog crossing the street, and was 100% sure this meant that the world was to be destroyed soon. Schyzophrenia is often comfused with MPD (Multiple Personalities Disorder), a condition where you hear voices and see people that aren't there, think you're two people, or switch between two personalities.

@42 switching in personality's actually isn't a legit disorder (yet). It has not been proven real, at least not in the cliché way of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Are you sure he wasn't a figment of your imagination?