By bigmouth - 14/03/2009 08:43 - United States

Today, I met a really nice couple at a bar. We talked and the conversation eventually drifted towards online dating. I casually commented that hooking up through the internet was sad and pathetic. Turns out they met on Myspace. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 891
You deserved it 68 013

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Zirafina 0

One out of eight marriages last year were people who met online. I met my boyfriend online and we've been together for over three years and are now engaged. What's your way of meeting people? Going to bars? I think that's a little more sad and pathetic.

adelaide_evening 0

In your defense, I used to think the same thing. Then I went on a date with a guy I met online who seemed like he had some potential. He was by far the biggest douche bag I've ever met in my entire life. I think it fails more often than it works out, but it still works for some.

Comments

sounds like something I would say. I have dated people Ive met offlien and it has never worked out. It is pretty pathetic. And most people that do intenet dating just want to get laid.

Just because it didn't work for you, doesn't mean it won't for anyone else.

freddie_fml 0

Maybe you should join the rest of us in the 21st century. Everything happens online these days.

TEAZO 0

iv dated some great people from meeting them on myspace. so its not all that bad dating online. its the cheapest way these days

How many of you think that the only people who lie are on the internet? How naive. I met my husband online. You deserved this for being so backwards. Welcome to 2009.

# 7 - I met my fiance online and we are in a long distance relationship..we have been together for a long time now and we are still loving it

zebendyone 0

Relax, people, a lot of people grew up being told it's dangerous to talk to people you met online. I only stopped thinking that way because I've had a couple friends who dated people online. But if the only stories you had heard about dating online were stories of pathetic high school kids who just wanted a boyfriend and then ending up raped and/or dead, I believe you'd think online dating was pathetic too. Our society is pretty good at brainwashing. But at least now you know it's not all that pathetic. xD

wrestler_fml 0

You say this..... at a BAR! Because meeting people at a bar is so much better than online dating, right? Actually, in my opinion, they're both sad and pathetic. But you had no right to talk. And why would you care what they think, anyway? They're a couple together, who met on MYSPACE, who are drinking at a BAR, who aren't with friends, who you will never see again!!! Why is this an "FML"? It's an "FML" that you actually wrote this!

veganmaureen 0

Its about time that people realize that we are living in an online world. Most of our days are spent with technology and it has almost all but taken over all forms of communication. Lots of people meet online and find their partners their. Who are we to judge how people meet, especially when it is in a way that dominates most of our daily lives. Stop judging other people...worry about yourself.

JeanNe91 0

you dont need to feel bad. it IS pathetic! and dangerous.