By me - 15/12/2013 01:49 - United States - West Babylon

Today, I managed to infect a clean computer with a virus while looking up info on how to rid my other computer of the same virus. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 594
You deserved it 8 456

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

tompou6 19

Use better anti virus OP, and reformat both computers

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I have a better deal than any of you... I've got African royalty sharing their fortune with me! All I've got to do is give them my account info; a small price to pay, I think.

Don't despair, OP. The best thing you can do at this point is start both your computers in safe mode and restore them both to a date before the infection happened. You might have to reupdate a few programs, but you won't have to hassle about getting rid of the viruses. They'll be wiped clean out.

its called antivirus software. it may seem expensive but it protects for a whole year and this kind of shit doesn't happen. that's worth $60 to me.

Expensive? Funny, avast and AVG seem to be quite cheap. I mean, free is a good price to pay for forever, right? And before you say "the pay ones are higher quality" bullshit, every pay antivirus I've ever used has had bloatware and no better protection than the free stuff. Especially since the free stuff tends to have a whole ton of developers trying to one up each other in real time. The virus definition updates are like a comments section, someone's always got something better.

Give the computer some Tylenol, that always works for me when I get a virus.

Thors_Hammer9999 17

next time just take it to someone who knows what they're doing.