By me - 15/12/2013 01:49 - United States - West Babylon

Today, I managed to infect a clean computer with a virus while looking up info on how to rid my other computer of the same virus. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 594
You deserved it 8 456

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

graceinsheepwear 33

Typhoid Mary Discovers the Internet!

Malwarebytes, AVG, and CCleaner, pal. If you can't kill it with those three, it's reasonably okay to say it's time to reformat.

Why didn't you go to the shop and buy the actual cleaner

Thejackel79 9

Because the ones you pay for arent that great. Macafee especially, that always causes me more problems then it should.

McAfee and Nortons are scams. They hold any virus you do get until your license nears expiration, then starts dumping the quarantine files so they can pop up messages saying "see what we saved you from, don't you want to renew your license? PAY ME!" The FIRST Thing we do with any new computer is uninstall those!

And hey, I can loose 20 pounds a day by eating just bananas.

For these purposes, Linux-Live-Systems are best suited. No installation means no infection hazard. My recommendation would be Linux Mint.

If you can afford it you should keep a cheap laptop like an Acer Netbook that runs Ubuntu or some other Linux software instead of Windows. Then you can look up what you need to fix your regular computer if you find that you prefer Windows for day to day use. You can also split the hard drive and run dual operating systems, but I usually don't recommend that unless the person has experience with computers and Linux.

perdix 29

*cough* *gag* *wheeze* Get a Mac *cough* *cough* *choke* *spit* *wheeze*

Macs get viruses just as easy, it's just that people don't waste time creating viruses for Macs.

mxij 13

And that's why you take it to an expert.

Don't go clicking pop up ads. Especially the ones that say this computer has a virus click ok to see how many, or whatever it says. They're plenty of good free virus protectors online. That have a already been recommend. If that doesn't work restore your computers to a point before the virus was installed. You should be good to go.